Alexa Machine Learning is looking for an experienced science leader to head a team of talented and passionate applied scientists in the field of Natural Language Processing (NLP). A successful candidate will have strong foundations in mathematics, statistics and machine learning with exceptional communication and leadership skills, and a proven track record of delivery under tight deadlines. Hands-on experience with large-scale, state-of-the-art automatic speech recognition, natural language understanding or other natural language processing systems is a plus.
Our mission is to push the envelope in NLP, in order to provide the best-possible experience for our customers. As an Applied Scientist, you will lead a team of exceptional scientists to develop novel algorithms and modeling techniques to advance the state of the art in spoken language understanding. Your work will directly impact our customers in the form of products and services that make use of speech and language technology. You will leverage Amazon’s heterogeneous data sources and large-scale computing resources.
Graduate degree (MS or PhD) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Mathematics.
· More than 6 years of industrial/academic experience in data science, machine learning or a related field.
· Demonstrated use of modeling and optimization techniques tailored to meet business needs.
· Experience with leadership of experienced scientists as well as a record of developing junior members from academia/industry to a career track in a business environment.
· Familiar with programming languages such as C/C++, Java, Perl or Python
· PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Mathematics.
· More than 10 years of industrial/academic experience in building speech recognition and natural language processing systems (e.g. commercial speech products or government speech projects)
· Demonstrated experience to manage an industrial research team for at least 3 years.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Solid track record of thought leadership and contributions that have advanced the field
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
More Jobs From