Intralinks is looking for a Director of Pricing Strategy to join our Pricing Strategy team. This role will lead the development of new global pricing models and drive pricing initiatives by partnering with business stakeholders and analyzing market conditions. As a member of the Pricing team, you will work across multiple business groups to define pricing models and to analyze pricing scenarios, discounting frameworks, and packaging options for our product portfolio.
As a successful pricing strategist, you will not only be able to think strategically but also thrive in detailed and fast paced price execution activities. You should have a high level of intellectual curiosity, creativity, and proficiency in turning business and data insights into pricing strategy, tactical recommendation and ultimately price execution. You have sharp analytical skills and can lead projects independently from start to finish. Youre interested in creating innovative ways for customers to buy cloud products and want to have fun as part of a growing business at the same time as well. Furthermore, you thrive in a fast-paced results-oriented environments.
What You Will Be Doing
Create and enhance global pricing models across three core market segments:
- Voice of the Customer: Analyze and use qualitative and quantitative data to understand market segmentations, needs, value drivers, and willingness to pay. Extrapolates pertinent trends impacting business performance and incorporates understanding into decision criteria
- Strategic Insights: Leverage external and internal best practices, design and lead strategic and tactical pricing initiatives to drive continuous improvement and find future pricing opportunities. Evaluate marketplace and competitive data to optimally align pricing strategies
- Price Setting: Develops bundling strategy, metrics, structure and price level for new and existing product and service offers in support of strategic pricing transformation. Regularly review market performance and monitor prices. Provide fact-based analysis and design pricing strategies/rules that result in increased sales, profits and/or market share.
- Executive Alignment: Leads presentations to senior leadership. Coordinate cross-functional change-management efforts to promote enduring benefits from pricing
- Governance & Execution: Be the change agent for transformation. Enhance and implement pricing governance. Plan, develop and implement pricing initiatives & campaigns
- Performance Management: Develop and manage KPIs to measure effectiveness and outcomes of pricing actions
What You Need for This Position:
- Experience in a pricing strategy role within a SaaS, Enterprise Software, Technology services provider, or consulting firm
- Self starter and ability to navigates complex situations with minimum guidance
- Strategic thinking and understanding of strategy, marketing and go to market principles
- A multi-level perspective on pricing:
- Mastery of strategic pricing principles, including packaging, price architecture, & price differentiation
- Experience with a full spectrum of pricing models, including subscription and usage-based models
- Familiarity with key analytical pricing techniques (bundling, price waterfall, qualitative interviews, quantitative research, etc)
- Experience with setting list, target prices, and discounting process
- Strong analytical skills coupled with the ability to effectively articulate insights and recommend actions
- Experience data analytics and building data models as well as working with large transactional databases across multiple platforms
- Strong organization and project-management skills, including the ability to meet demanding, evolving, and often competing deadlines
- Experience developing and delivering presentations to various audience levels within an organization
- Excellent written / verbal communication skills
- 5-7 years of Pricing strategy experience for a SaaS company OR 2-3 years of business consulting
- BS/BA in Economics, Marketing, Information Management Business. MBA preferred.
- Proficient with advanced BI tools & Microsoft Office products.
- Experience in the financial services industry is a plus but not a must
SS&C Intralinks is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.