Office Tour Photos
Chewy is revolutionizing the pet industry as one of the fastest growing e-commerce retailers of all time. We offer a convenient way to shop for pet supplies within a highly personalized experience fueled by superior customer care. We work with a dogged determination to wow pet lovers in all their interactions with our company, but we have fun, tooeasy when we have our favorite four-legged friends by our side.
We are looking for a self-motivated, entrepreneurial, and highly goal-oriented Pricing Data Scientist to join our exciting and fast-paced office in Boston, MA. Our team is growing and if you want to build innovative Pricing solutions in a dynamic e-Commerce environment, an opportunity in Chewys Pricing team may be a great match!
What you'll do:
- Own the full data science life-cycle from model design, development, deploying/building data pipelines and ETL, and evaluating alignment with business goals.
- Independently identify opportunities for improving Pricing Strategy performance, driving value, and impacting business outcomes and customer experience.
- Effectively collaborate with business partners to understand key Pricing problems and define strategic priorities.
- Partner cross-functionally with Operations & Analytics, Engineering, and other functions to architect and implement reliable algorithms at scale.
What you'll need:
- MS in a quantitative field, such as Statistics, Operations Research, Machine Learning, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, and other technical fields in which data, engineering, and machine learning are important.
- 2+ years of hands-on, practical modeling and/or engineering experience.
- Programming languages including Python (required) or R.
- Experience applying machine learning techniques at scale and parameter tuning (e.g., neural networks, random forest/XGBoost/LightGBM, clustering).
- Experience with SQL or other database languages, Git, GitHub, bash/UNIX scripting.
- Strong communication skills and appetite for synthesizing complex material with concision and precision.
- Rigorous attention-to-detail, keen critical thinking skills, and pragmatic problem-solving mindset.
- Eagerness to collaborate in a highly interdisciplinary environment and develop innovative techniques to solve business problems in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience building out dashboards in Vertica/Tableau and reporting results.
- Experience with AWS.
- Experience designing and setting up automated experiments.
- Experience solving loosely defined problems using Data Science.
- Experience in an e-Commerce or retail environment, or experience in Pricing.
More Jobs From