Who We Are (Department): The 3D Creative Imagery team is a rapidly growing and changing division within Wayfair that is revolutionizing how imagery is created. This group is working on highly visible projects, driving innovation daily for Wayfair. Our teams ability to inspire customers through creating high quality and inspirational imagery is a core differentiator for Wayfair. We are looking for candidates who believe in creating exceptional photorealistic imagery and want to work in a fast paced and exciting environment.
What Youll Do: In this role, you will be able to express your artistic side by compositing images and help develop the tools stack by writing various scripts for the department:
- You will be the primary Nuke expert for the post-production team and you will play a role in helping them to expand their Nuke compositing knowledge.
- You will bring your extensive knowledge of the software to our 3D Image post-production department and help maintain quality, accuracy and help with troubleshooting.
- You will be responsible for the execution of post-production and retouching work on Wayfairs various imagery outputs, ensuring all assets are site-ready as the last step in the imagery pipeline.
- You will be assisting in the creation of new imagery pipelines and post-production tools/automation processes.
Key Objectives of this Role:
- Trusted subject matter expert regarding Nuke and all associated initiatives
- Oversee Nuke resources, maintenance and training for the team, ensuring and developing industry standards for 3D still imagery post production
- Consistently assist, maintain and develop photo-real standards in post-production
- Partner in establishing overarching 3D retouching improvements through Nuke, other tools, technology and strategic initiatives/new pipelines while also influencing and supporting leadership in overall image quality vision
- Build tools to support post production process internally
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain Nuke training support for the post-production team; partner with team to build out extensive library of training materials
- Handle all Nuke license management with IT partner, ensuring versions up to date and other program efficiencies
- Troubleshoot Nuke errors and problem solve fixes; innovate and develop new, more efficient workflows
- Contribute to team resourcing; retouching imagery as needed
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, ensuring successful execution and delivery
- Partner with stakeholders to develop and maintain new pipelines and post-production initiatives
- Represent the team in cross-functional meetings
What Youll Need:
- 5+ years of experience using Nuke software in a Post-Production setting
- Experience working with Photoshop and traditional 2D Retouching
- Strong portfolio that exhibits post-production and compositing skills; ability to execute retouching test as part of interview process
- Exceptionally strong attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills for cross-functional communication with the imagery partners and stakeholders
- Exemplary time management skills with a proven ability to set priorities, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills with proven ability to make responsible decisions quickly in various situations
- Python Scripting (Nuke Specific) (Node scripting, etc)
- Experience working with 3DsMax or Maya a plus
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.