Hometap has an ambitious mission to make homeownership less stressful and more accessible. Our vision is to make the idea of bringing on an investor for your home as ubiquitous as borrowing to finance a home is today. We also aspire to build a long lasting durable financial-technology company that becomes a hallmark of the Boston economy.
We are passionately building a business and industry that is homeowner-centric and empowers current and prospective homeowners to access their home's equity, free of debt. Our first product allows a homeowner to tap into the built-in value of their home in order to do the big-ticket stuff that makes life better: start a business, renovate their home, get out from under crippling debt, pay for college tuition or help family members in times of need.
Today, Hometap makes investments in residential homes, buying a small equity stake against the homes future value. For homeowners, this is a simplified, sensible alternative to mortgage debt and monthly payments. For investors, this is a new asset class, allowing them to participate in the multi-trillion-dollar residential real estate market without the obligations and downsides of homeownership. This product is scaling rapidly and we have begun our plans to expand our platform to support numerous other products over time, complex data science-driven pricing, and investment structure permutations. Our solution leverages advanced data and analytics as we create best-in-class experiences for our homeowners, business and asset capital partners.
Who We Are
At Hometap, we believe you can have a house and a life. Our vision is to empower current and prospective homeowners to access their home's equity, free of debt. By tapping into the built-in value of a home, we help homeowners do the big-ticket stuff that makes life better: start a business, buy a second home, get out from under crippling debt, or pay for college tuition.
Hometap makes investments in residential homes, buying a small equity stake against the homes future value. For homeowners, this is a simplified, sensible alternative to mortgage debt and monthly payments. For investors, this is a new asset class, allowing them to participate in the multi-trillion-dollar residential real estate market without the obligations and downsides of homeownership.
Who You Are:
We are seeking dedicated, detail-oriented team members with a passion for real estate. In this position, youll join our Operations team and play a critical role in the post-close process. Our Post Closing Specialist will ensure all investment post close activities are executed with timeliness, expert accuracy, and precision.
What youll do:
- Function as the Single Point of Contact (SPOC) for homeowners once their investment closes, and during the 'invested' life-cycle
- Monitor and ensure closed investments have been recorded within defined SLA's
- Track "trailing docs" and follow up with title partners
- Work with homeowners and insurance companies to verify Hometap has been added to insurance policy
- Process investment payoff statement requests
- Obtain annual insurance renewal documents
- Review weekly reports regarding property status including but not limited to sale of home, tax status, new liens, etc.
- Process lien releases on settled investments
- Complete initial due diligence on Events of Default
- Partner with Legal team on adverse events when necessary
What you will bring to the table:
- Bachelors degree, ideally in business, finance or a related field
- 1+ years of mortgage or loan post-closing experience (highly preferred)
- Relentless attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure within a deadline-oriented environment
- Enjoys working independently as well as in a team environment with a desire to take ownership of work
- Ability to communicate professionally with others
- Strong client service skills
- Eager to join an early-stage tech company, interested in real estate, interested in fintech
Our Team & Culture
At Hometap, we pride ourselves on being Owners -- of our jobs, our output, our careers -- and Good Neighbors -- we believe helping each other means helping the company, homeowners, and investors succeed.
Equally important to your skill set is what you bring to our team and business. We are looking for a creative thinker who looks for opportunities within challenges, rolls up their sleeves to get things done, values collaboration and communication, and embraces the Homeowner-first mentality. Critical to our mission is being thoughtful in everything we build. If youre someone who embraces this builder mentality, youll be right at home here.