Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the worlds largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veevas software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day. Whether you choose to work remotely from home or work in an office - its up to you.
As a Technical Architect you will be key member of the Veeva Vault Technical Services team which will be the leaders in Vault Platform architecture and application extension through Java development. This position requires a blend of those who enjoy writing code while also wanting to grow in being a client-facing technical consultant to our life science customers.
The Technical Architect will have the opportunity to collaborate with some of the best Senior Consultants and Solution Architects in the industry and learn best practices for software development and consulting, business analysis, solution design, enterprise software integration and project management.
This is a remote, full-time permanent role with Veeva. This is a customer-facing role and we have no work location requirement if you are in close proximity to an airport and able to meet future travel requirements.
Veeva Systems does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B, OPT) for this employment position.
What You'll Do
- Extend application capabilities through Java based solutions using the Vault Java SDK
- Design and implement cloud-based integrations using REST APIs
- Manage integration and development projects and resources
- Develop internal and external tools to help our customers and our consultants
- Provide subject matter expertise on the Veeva Vault product functionality and APIs
- Work closely with customers to establish solutions at the business and technical level
- 3-8 years of programming in Java or other object-oriented programming languages
- Proven ability to manage concurrent projects with concurrent deadlines
- 4-year degree majoring in a technical field (Computer Science, Management Information Systems or equivalent)
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Desire to go into a technical consulting career path
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Veeva Systems does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
Nice to Have
- Technical consulting experience
- Experience with working within Cloud Based Architecture
- Hands on experience with SSO and SAML
- Integration/Programming experience with REST-based APIs
- Experience with scripting languages (Go, Python, Node.js)
- Experience with Spring and Maven
- Community involvement or organizational leadership experience
- Ability to take technical concepts/solutions and educate non-technical audiences
Perks & Benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Health & wellness programs
Veevas headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.