Veeva is a mission-driven organization that aspires to help our customers in Life Sciences and Regulated industries bring their products to market, faster. We are shaped by our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. Our teams develop transformative cloud software, services, consulting, and data to make our customers more efficient and effective in everything they do. Veeva is a work anywhere company. You can work at home, at a customer site, or in an office on any given day. As a Public Benefit Corporation, you will also work for a company focused on making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
As a Technical Architect, you will be a key member of the Veeva Vault Technical Services team which will be the leaders in Vault Platform architecture and application extension through Java development. This position requires a blend of those who enjoy writing code while also wanting to grow into being a client-facing technical consultant to our consumer products and chemicals customers.
You will have the opportunity to collaborate with some of the best Senior Consultants and Solution Architects in the industry and learn best practices for software development and consulting, business analysis, solution design, enterprise software integration, and project management.
This is a work anywhere, full-time permanent role with Veeva. Our work processes are designed so that you can be productive in the environment that works best for you. This is a customer-facing role and we have no work location requirement if you are in close proximity to an airport and able to meet future travel requirements.
Veeva Systems does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B, OPT)
What You'll Do
- Extend application capabilities through Java-based solutions using the Vault Java SDK
- Design and implement cloud-based integrations using REST APIs
- Manage integration and development projects and resources
- Develop internal and external tools to help our customers and our consultants
- Provide subject matter expertise on the Veeva Vault product functionality and APIs
- Work closely with customers to establish solutions at the business and technical level
- Travel is less than 25% (no current travel due to COVID-19)
- 3+ years of programming in Java or other object-oriented programming languages
- Proven ability to manage concurrent projects with concurrent deadlines
- 4-year degree majoring in a technical field (Computer Science, Management Information Systems or equivalent) or a 2-year degree with equivalent experience
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Desire to work in a customer-facing technical role
Nice to Have
- Technical consulting experience
- Experience with SDLC process
- Experience with working within Cloud Based Architecture
- Hands-on experience with SSO and SAML
- Integration/Programming experience with REST-based APIs
- Community involvement or organizational leadership experience
- Ability to take technical concepts/solutions and educate non-technical audiences
Veevas headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.