The Translations Team Lead is responsible for translations projects and all translation-related requests and activities, including the development of best practices, and training, supervision, capacity management, and development of assigned translations team members. In addition, the Team Lead manages the expectations of project stakeholders; serves as liaison and oversight of translations providers as well as supports clients directly.
- Directly supervise assigned Translations team members. Responsible for assigned team member training, monitoring, career development, and capacity
- Manage and revise as needed the translation processes and procedures for the department. Communicate these practices and ensure that they serve the interests of all stakeholders
- Enforce training compliance for staff, including assessment of competence
- Assist in training new Translations Coordinators in translation as well as participate in cross-functional training sessions
- Provide senior-level support for client projects. Act as first point of contact to resolve client escalations related to translations deliverables
- Provide oversight and subject matter expertise to translations team members for their assigned studies.
- Work with ERT Project Managers to plan and execute all translation tasks required for projects
- Regularly meet with Manager, Clinical Systems Translations & Licensing to develop translation project tracking procedures, to communicate translation project status, and to escalate project issues
- Work independently with ERT’s translation vendors from project hand-off through project delivery
- Lead Team initiatives for translation-related process improvements
- Manage lifecycle of translation-related issues from being reported by either ERT team members or ERT customers to their resolution by the ERT’s development teams, and/or ERT’s translation providers
- Work and collaborate with cross-functional teams in development and delivery of ERT products to help ensure operational readiness of the translations team
- Assist with training of Sponsor's preferred translation provider, when needed
- Perform additional responsibilities as required by management
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description represent the major responsibilities of the position. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned, as required. This job description and any attachments do not constitute or represent a contract.
- At least 5 years experience with coordinating projects
- At least 3 years experience in a leadership role
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work independently
- Experience dealing with external vendors and have a customer service orientation
- Comfortable using computers for day to day operations and be willing and able to quickly learn and use sophisticated computer programs
- Word processing and spreadsheet software knowledge
- Strong interest in the application of new technology to the clinical trials process
- Experienced and comfortable with developing and delivering presentations
- Excellent communication skills
- Travel may be needed
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.