At Veeva, we build enterprise cloud technology that powers the biggest names in the pharmaceutical, biotech, consumer goods, chemical & cosmetics industries. Our customers make vaccines, life-saving medicines, and life-enhancing products that make a difference in everyday lives. Our technology has transformed these industries; enabling them to get critical products and services to market faster. Our core values, Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed, guide us as we make our customers more efficient and effective in everything they do.
Veeva is a leading global provider of cloud-based software solutions for regulated industries such as consumer goods, chemicals, cosmetics, and life sciences. As a Team Lead in Veeva Technical Services, you will be leading and building strong teams from the ground up of Technical Consultants. This team tackles only the most complex problems working to simplify them and ensure the customers speed and success.
Do you have a background in customer-facing software development and computer programming and are looking to take that next step in your career? The ideal candidate will excel in three key areas to contribute to an innovative and growing team. First, the candidate will be a servant-leader dedicated to recruiting new team members and developing existing team members to advance in their careers. Second, the candidate will excel at delivering advanced technology solutions to our customers and develop a trusted-advisor partnership with our customers to deliver success. Third, the candidate will be an excellent internal leader who is capable of creating successful cross-functional relationships and represent services well to Product, Sales, and Strategy.
If you are a budding leader in software development who wants the ability to build a team, lead customers, and influence internal teams to develop innovative solutions to advance regulated industries this is an excellent opportunity to make an impact and we encourage you to apply.
This is a remote position. Candidates can be based anywhere within the continental U.S or Canada.
What You'll Do
- Your role will be two parts: Half of your time will be dedicated to writing code and developing custom solutions for Veevas customers and the second half spent building an amazing team and representing Veeva Technical Services internally
- Build and lead an amazing team of Technical Architects focused on long-term customer success
- Provide subject matter expertise on Vault Platform, technical design, and Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) implementation best practices
- Take complex concepts and articulate them to audiences of varying perception levels
- Design, implement and provide subject matter expertise for the development of custom applications
- Manage integration, development projects, and resources
- Contribute to our professional services knowledge base
- Evangelize the value of Veevas Technical Services
- Support the sales team and solution consultants in winning new business
- Work closely with customers to understand their pain points and recommend efficient solutions
- Accountable for customer success from beginning to end of the project life cycle
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and a desire to progress into a formal leadership role
- 5+ years working in a software developer capacity preferably Java-based
- Experience in translating business requirements into software specifications including writing and reviewing technical documentation
- Experience in a customer-facing role, preferably with a software professional services organization or consulting background
- Ability to articulate and implement integration architecture
- Proven ability to work independently in a dynamic, fast-moving environment, but also as part of a remote team
- Ability to travel 25-30% (may include international)
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Veeva Systems does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position
Nice to Have
- Experience with document management platforms
- Experience with source code control systems
- Experience working in a validated environment
- Single Sign-On (SSO) experience
- Computer science or related degree
- Consulting experience
Veevas headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
More Jobs From