Veeva is a mission-driven organization that aspires to help our customers in Life Sciences and Regulated industries bring their products to market, faster. We are shaped by our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. Our teams develop transformative cloud software, services, consulting, and data to make our customers more efficient and effective in everything they do. Veeva is a work anywhere company. You can work at home, at a customer site, or in an office on any given day. As a Public Benefit Corporation, you will also work for a company focused on making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
Tired of working with old EDC technology? Looking for an opportunity to change how clinical trials, data and data are managed? Veevas Vault Electronic Data Capture (EDC) application will truly change how the industry runs clinical trials and we want you on our team!
Veeva Systems is looking for Senior Project Managers who have deep project management and clinical trial expertise and a passion for helping customers transform the way they manage their clinical trial data and content with Vault EDC.
As a key member of our EDC Professional Services team, the Senior Project Manager will be at the forefront of our mission and responsible for three main things:
Understanding our customers EDC challenges and clinical needs, establishing and maintaining project scope and timelines, project financials, and facilitating project communication to ensure a successful implementation based on the customers requirements.
Leading and mentoring talented project team members implementing and configuring the designed solution.
Becoming a customer advocate, working closely with other Veeva teams (Product, Sales, Strategy) to ensure customer success today and in the future.
Opportunities are available across the United States for this role. The work location is remote within the U.S. Qualified U.S. based candidates are encouraged to apply.
What You'll Do
- Work with the project team to scope required effort and define timelines
- Lead life sciences customers in the rapid configuration and implementation of applications to support clinical trial with the Vault EDC platform
- Works closely with the customer and project team to identify and ensure delivery against key business drivers
- Project management including resource planning, leading and motivating a cross-functional team, and project tracking and forecasting
- Experience in services pre-sales activities including defining customer needs, scoping engagements, and delivering Statements of Work
- Primary customer liaison managing communication between project team, customer and internal stakeholders
- Track and communicate project status, plans issues, timelines, action items, and budgets
- Manage project scope respecting the customer team and Veeva needs
- Assess and track project risk and develop contingency plans as necessary
- Mentor project team and junior consultants in the EDC Services organization
- Ensure customer success from beginning to end of the engagement life cycle
- Assure process compliance with all regulatory and Veeva procedural requirements
- Identify opportunities for process improvement
- 5+ years direct experience working with EDC clinical software solutions in clinical operations, and/or trial management in a project management/consultant role
- Working Knowledge of Clinical Trial processes across pharmaceuticals, device and/or biotech sectors, specifically as they relate to document and data collection
- Proven track record leading high-impact global system implementation programs for life sciences as a consultant, business or IT lead and/or business sponsor for clinical systems
- Proven ability to manage diverse stakeholders, and ensure delivery to a high degree of satisfaction
- Ability and willingness to roll up your sleeves to implement a Clinical solution
- Ability to quickly understand business requirements
- Proven ability to work independently in a dynamic, fast-moving environment, but also as part of a team
- Logical approach to problem solving and excellent eye for detail
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and project deliverables
- Proven track record of meeting project timelines/deliverables and attention to detail, process, deadlines, and quality results
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Expert on life sciences compliance and computer systems validation requirements
- Ability to travel 25-30% (may include international)
- 4-year degree required
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Veeva Systems does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
Nice to Have
- Life sciences industry experience and knowledge of clinical trial process preferred (pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies, CROs and academic & public health organizations).
- Direct experience with systems such as Medidata RAVE, Oracle/Phase Forward InForm, Medidata Balance, Oracle IRT, IVRS, coding applications, eSource, and other clinical technologies
- Life Science, computer science or related degree
- SaaS/Cloud experience
- Experience in a customer-facing role, preferably with a software professional services organization or consulting background is preferred
- Experience working closely with sales in a pre-sales environment
- Consulting experience
- MS Project experience
- PMP certification
- Experience in services delivery management
- Locality to major life sciences customer hub (NJ; Boston, MA; San Francisco, CA; Philadelphia, PA; Chicago, IL)
Perks & Requirements
- Flexible PTO
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Health & wellness programs
This is a work anywhere, full time permanent role with Veeva. Our work processes are designed so that you can be productive in the environment that works best for you. This is a customer facing role and we have no work location requirement if you are in close proximity to an airport and able to meet future travel requirements.
Veevas headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.