At Veeva, we build enterprise cloud technology that powers the biggest names in the pharmaceutical, biotech, consumer goods, chemical & cosmetics industries. Our customers make vaccines, life-saving medicines, and life-enhancing products that make a difference in everyday lives. Our technology has transformed these industries; enabling them to get critical products and services to market faster. Our core values, Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed, guide us as we make our customers more efficient and effective in everything they do.
We are looking for a hands-on, detail-oriented Payroll Tax Accountant to join our results-oriented team. You will report to the Senior Payroll Manager and partner closely across payroll, finance/accounting, tax, and HR to ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local tax laws. You will analyze, research, and resolve any payroll tax issues quickly, in addition to resolving agency notices, completing tax filings, and preparing tax reports. We are looking for a highly motivated, proactive individual who can operate autonomously in a fast-paced environment and is focused on ensuring customer success. This is a great opportunity for individuals seeking more impact, growth opportunities, and a positive team dynamic.
This is a remote position.
What You'll Do
- Assist the Sr. Payroll Manager with the oversight/governance and analysis of the US and Canada employment & expatriate tax portfolio
- Conduct payroll tax activities using ADP/SmartCompliance. This includes but is not limited to entry and maintenance of tax data, calculating tax adjustments, and running tax notices
- Collaborate with customers and key internal and external business partners
- Connect, combine, and manipulate large volumes of data from a variety of sources to share actionable insights and ensure a compliant payroll process
- Provide subject matter expertise and guidance across all areas of Payroll Tax such as: labor & employment tax regulations, Federal, State, and Local Tax legislations, reciprocity rules, multi-state taxation, garnishment compliance, tax treatment for various types of earnings/deductions, and process adjustments for W-2s, and W-2cs
- Propose process improvements and develop plans to implement those actions delivering a complete functional solution
- Ensure the following are completed timely: prepare tax returns as needed, control and reviews, monthly and quarterly tax filing processing, and wage reporting requirements
- Partner with Accounting to post payroll tax accounting journal entries, reconciliation, and resolve errors
- Assist Corporate Tax in the areas of audits (i.e. IRS, state, etc.)
- Support the Payroll Team with ad hoc special projects as needed
- Thorough knowledge of Federal, States, Local and Provincial tax requirements for US and Canada
- Experience with hands-on end to end payroll process
- Experience with quarterly and annual wage reporting & remittance requirements
- 5+ years of experience in Payroll /Tax and mobile employees
- Know Federal, State / Multi-State and Local tax wages, amendments, W2 & W2-cs
- Advanced skills using Excel, data manipulation and balancing
Perks & Benefits
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Health & wellness programs
Veevas headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
More Jobs From