At Veeva, we build enterprise cloud technology that powers the biggest names in the pharmaceutical, biotech, consumer goods, chemical & cosmetics industries. Our customers make vaccines, life-saving medicines, and life-enhancing products that make a difference in everyday lives. Our technology has transformed these industries; enabling them to get critical products and services to market faster. Our core values, Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed, guide us as we make our customers more efficient and effective in everything they do.
The curriculum developer will be responsible for the creation of product training courses that enable customers, partners, and employees to effectively use, administer, and configure Veeva products. Must be passionate about developing engaging online content that boosts end user performance, confidence and satisfaction. Strong technology and content development skills a must. You should welcome the opportunity to constantly learn new skills at a quick pace to keep up with product enhancements and changes in the teams design and development processes. This position reports to the Practice Manager, Training & Process Excellence for CDMS Services. It is a remote-based position (preferably in the US). Life sciences industry experience and knowledge of clinical trial process strongly preferred (pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies, CROs and academic & public health organizations).
What You'll Do
- Work under the direction of the Practice Manager and assigned SMEs to shape instructor-led and e-learning modules for role-based users.
- Given course objectives, product use cases, and technical resources (product documentation, presentations, and videos), create immersive, learner centric courses that achieve the stated objectives.
- Work both independently and cross-functionally with subject matter experts to shape effective instructional content using realistic business examples and appropriate hands on activities.
- Reverse engineer internal content (presentations, webinars, documentation) into instructional content.
- Create validation activities to measure learning attainment of course objectives.
- Update and improve existing training materials and production methodologies
- Apply the latest ideas, methods and quantitative data to improve learning experience and outcomes
- Bachelor's Degree in Technical Communications, English, Education, Computer Science, Instructional Design or equivalent. A Master's Degree in Instructional Design or a related field is desirable.
- 2-5 years experience designing and developing software related courses
- Excellent analytical and writing skills with a demonstrated aptitude for creating instructional content for both a technical audience and a business user audience.
- Flexible, collaborative, team-oriented individual who shows initiative and holds themselves accountable.
- Background in Life Sciences and/or the SaaS domain. Experience with Veeva products is a plus
- Detail oriented
- Experience with rapid e-learning development tools, such as Articulate Storyline, TechSmith Camtasia, Adobe Captivate
- Exposure to learning management systems
- Ability to quickly master new software applications
- Occasional travel (up to 10% per month)
Nice to Have
- Life sciences industry experience and knowledge of clinical trial process preferred (pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies, CROs and academic & public health organizations).
- Experience with training for clinical sites and at investigator meetings
- Graphic design background
Veevas headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
More Jobs From