Veeva is a mission-driven organization that aspires to help our customers in Life Sciences and Regulated industries bring their products to market, faster. We are shaped by our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. Our teams develop transformative cloud software, services, consulting, and data to make our customers more efficient and effective in everything they do. Veeva is a work anywhere company. There are options for working from home, at a customer site, or in an office on any given day. As a Public Benefit Corporation, you will also work for a company focused on making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
The curriculum developer will be responsible for the creation of product training courses that enable customers, partners, and employees to effectively use, administer, and configure Veeva products. Must be passionate about developing engaging online content that boosts end user performance, confidence and satisfaction. Strong technology (SaaS) and content development skills a must. You should welcome the opportunity to constantly learn new skills at a quick pace to keep up with product enhancements and changes in the teams design and development processes. This position reports to the Practice Manager, Training & Process Excellence for CDMS Services. Life sciences industry experience and knowledge of clinical trial process strongly preferred (pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies, CROs and academic & public health organizations).
This is a work anywhere, full-time permanent role with Veeva. Our work processes are designed so that you can be productive in the environment that works best for you. This is a customer-facing role and we have no work location requirement if you are in close proximity to an airport and able to meet future travel requirements.
Veeva Systems does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B, OPT) for this employment position.
What You'll Do
- Work under the direction of the Practice Manager and assigned SMEs to shape instructor-led and e-learning modules for role-based users.
- Given course objectives, product use cases, and technical resources (product documentation, presentations, and videos), create immersive, learner centric courses that achieve the stated objectives.
- Work both independently and cross-functionally with subject matter experts to shape effective instructional content using realistic business examples and appropriate hands on activities.
- Reverse engineer internal content (presentations, webinars, documentation) into instructional content.
- Create validation activities to measure learning attainment of course objectives.
- Update and improve existing training materials and production methodologies
- Apply the latest ideas, methods and quantitative data to improve learning experience and outcomes
- Bachelor's Degree in Technical Communications, English, Education, Computer Science, Instructional Design or equivalent. A Master's Degree in Instructional Design or a related field is desirable.
- 2-5 years experience designing and developing software related courses.
- Superb technical troubleshooting skills because youll be working with pre-release software.
- Excellent analytical and writing skills with a demonstrated aptitude for creating instructional content for both a technical audience and a business user audience.
- Flexible, collaborative, team-oriented individual who shows initiative and holds themselves accountable.
- Life sciences industry experience and knowledge of clinical trial process preferred (pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies, CROs and academic & public health organizations).
- Exposure to SaaS programs.
- Experience with Veeva products is a plus.
- Detail oriented.
- Experience with rapid e-learning development tools, such as Articulate Storyline, TechSmith Camtasia, Adobe Captivate.
- Exposure to learning management systems.
- Ability to quickly master new software applications.
- Occasional travel (up to 5% per month).
Nice to have
- Experience with training for clinical sites and at investigator meetings
- Graphic design background
Veevas headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.