Quil, a digital health company, delivers actionable and personalized health itineraries for patients and caregivers, answering the question “What Happens Next?” in their healthcare journeys. They combine the powers of precision data, state-of-the-art technology, and security with unparalleled consumer reach to help individuals navigate today’s chaotic healthcare landscape. Headquartered in Philadelphia, PA, , Quil serves individuals, healthcare providers, and payors nationally. Quil is a joint venture of Comcast and Independence Health Group (Independence).
Quil is a high energy start up that fosters an innovative culture with a focus on individual growth and team collaboration. Their vision is to build the solution that helps people and their families make timely and more informed decisions, guiding them to the healthiest version of themselves.
Reporting to the Chief Product Officer, the Vice President of Product Management will drive the development and growth of Quil’s Engage product suite. The VP of Product Management is responsible for developing and commercializing a high-touch product suite that will increase the level of connection for individuals who want to take control of their own healthcare journey, all while staying connected to their providers and payers. This product leader will be responsible for understanding consumer/patient behaviors and turning them into prioritized requirements to drive new innovative patient journeys and experiences. They are also responsible for the overall success of product features as well as coordinating the cross-functional activities involved in product development, release, and customer success. An ideal candidate will have experience building and managing digital platforms and products within the healthcare space. This is a senior position with direct management oversight over product management and design.
- Work with business stakeholders to develop product strategy, define the roadmap and translate strategic business ideas into product stories and acceptance criteria.
- Own end-to-end product delivery by leading ideation, concept development, prototyping, spec’ing, building, verification and rollout.
- Identify, prioritize and evaluate product initiatives and build a product roadmap
- Execute on product strategy to ensure Quil’s Engage solution is more seamlessly integrated into clinical workflow while maintaining a positive user experience for the patient
- Build, develop and manage a high performing team of product managers and UX designers.
- Represent customer needs and requirements to drive product and feature development.
- Collaborate with market facing, content and clinical teams to understand their needs and translate into Quil’s product roadmap.
- Partner with stakeholders (internal and external), engineering leads, and management for sprint planning and expectation management.
- Communicate the state of projects across teams, stakeholders as well as to executives.
- Research, troubleshoot, diagnose and recommend solutions to complex business and technical problems.
- Measure the right KPIs that will help stakeholders and the tech team identiy what they have as levers to drive positive change.
- Constantly improve customer satisfaction, usability, reliabiliyt and operational efficiency by continually monitoring performance data and KPIs to find opportunities to increase engagement and reduce friction for users.
- Deeply understand the technology behind Quil products, and become an expert in what technology and approaches are used in the market.
Qualifications and Experience:
- BS or higher degree in technology, science, business or a related field preferred
- 10+ years of software product management in a high-growth environment
- Previous experience in a product leadership role with proven ability to build effective teams, hire and attract talent, etc.
- Understanding of the healthcare or healthcare IT industry, including payers, providers and consumers preferred, ideally with some exposure to platform development and consumer engagement
- Past experience designing a product vision and roadmap and taking it from conceptualization through launch
- Past experience building a high-touch SaaS solution to engage patients and keep them connected to their providers and payers
- Past experience working closely with engineering and architecture in Agile metholodgy to help determine the best technical implementation/design while balancing time-to-market needs.
- Experience working with products that deliver robust content
- Proven ability to specify, execute, and deliver product improvements
- Strong business process design skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication and collaboration skills
- Desire to roll-up sleeves and contribute wherever necessary
- Experience in a startup and/or small-company environment
- Passionate about solving problems in innovative ways and working in a fast-paced, results driven environment with a diverse set of responsibilities