Quil, a digital health company, delivers actionable and personalized health itineraries for patients and caregivers, answering the question “What Happens Next?” in their healthcare journeys. They combine the powers of precision data, state-of-the-art technology, and security with unparalleled consumer reach to help individuals navigate today’s chaotic healthcare landscape. Headquartered in Philadelphia, PA with additional offices in New York City, Quil serves individuals, healthcare providers, and payors nationally. Quil is a joint venture of Independence Health Group (Independence) and Comcast.
Quil is a high energy start up that fosters an innovative culture with a focus on individual growth and team collaboration. Their vision is to build the solution that helps patients and their caregivers make timely and more informed decisions, guiding them to the healthiest version of themselves.
Quil is seeking a talented, highly motivated, and experienced individual who is passionate about the future of digital health to be a founding member of the Corporate Development team. This individual will support Quil’s growth strategy through identification, assessment, execution, and prioritization of opportunities (M&A, strategic partnerships, etc.) across both existing and new businesses. This person will play a pivotal role in shaping many of Quil’s most strategic decisions.
This is a cross-functional role that will work closely with a range of departments and stakeholders, both internally and externally, solving a range of diverse and challenging problems. You will need to work collaboratively to understand where our competitive advantages or risks lie, if/when major features are on the roadmap, and current trends around innovation, consolidation, and customer adoption. You will need to develop a deep understanding of our business and products so that you can understand the strategic implications that your work will have and make effective recommendations. As an integral player in how we execute against our strategy, you will help evaluate and recommend how we accelerate growth via build vs. buy trade-offs. You will be responsible for sourcing deals, driving deals to close, and successfully integrating targets to Quil.
This position is open to both local and remote candidates who are comfortable working in the US-eastern time zone. You will be required to travel to the Philadelphia office at a minimum of once a month or per business need. You will also be required to travel occasionally for other business needs.
- Own the M&A framework and drive alignment of vision and execution process at varying levels for each of Quil's investors
- Collaborate cross-functionally (e.g. partnering with Product, Engineering, Sales, leadership) to develop insight into root drivers of growth and opportunities to accelerate our product roadmap through the lens of a buy, build, partner strategy.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of emerging external technologies and trends, including potential targets, serving as an advisor to stakeholders throughout the company on the best market intelligence
- Build deep networks and strong relationships both internally and externally with various investor stakeholders
- Build and lead cross-functional teams in the development of deal structuring, negotiation, due diligence, and integration efforts for partnerships and acquisitions
- Negotiate and structure complex partnerships
- Build scalable processes and best practices for our Corporate Development function
- 10+ years of relevant experience in investment banking, private equity, management consulting, strategy and/or corporate development
- Minimum 5 years experience in the healthcare technology fieldMinimum 2-3 years at an operating business in a corporate development, strategy or similar role, ideally in a product-driven field
- Highly motivated, combining exceptional strategic thinking, learning agility, project management, managerial experience, good business judgement, and quantitative skills
- Experience growing/distributing digital products.
- Prior work with Engineering & Product teams is highly desirable.
- Experience with product partnerships and integrations, collaborating closely with product management
- Demonstrated hypothesis-driven problem-solving orientation with exceptional ability to create structured quantitative and qualitative analyses
- Excellent presentation/communication skills, with the ability to distill complex analyses into executive-level insights and recommendations
- Experience in executing all aspects of transactions including direct experience in M&A diligence negotiation, execution, and integration at a fast-growing, mission-driven company
- Humble and effective cross-functional team player, demonstrates an ownership mindset
More Jobs From