We are seeking a Perception Engineer with deep learning and computer vision experience to actively push the next stage of perception R&D at Sea Machines which tackles the exciting challenges of moving the world’s fleets to the era of autonomous operations. This role will focus on developing state-of-arts computer vision algorithms on marine vessels to perform real time performance in conjunction with the existing R&D perception team.
· Design, development and integration of high-quality perception technology including object detection, object tracking and semantic segmentation on SMR vessels
· Analyze real world data and perform performance evaluation of delivered technology
· Develop start-of-art prototype and implement high quality python/C++ applications into the existing Sea Machines autonomy system
· Maintain software documentation and assist in the development of user documentation
· Participate in field testing & trials, document and communicate bugs & issues encountered during testing & trials.
· Participate as a multi-disciplinary engineering team member including team meetings, stand-ups & quality reviews.
· Work cross-functionally with technical teams developing perception algorithm and system interfaces to execute functional testing, system integration verification and performance validation
· Bachelor’s or master's degree in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering or other equivalent related fields
· Knowledge of Machine Learning, Deep Learning, or Computer Vision algorithms
· Knowledge of convolutional neural networks
· Experience with Python, Tensorflow, Keras, Ubuntu, OpenCV
· Experience with Git, Python, Scikit-learn, Linux, Jupyter Notebook, Cloud Computing/Storage
· Experience with deep learning-based object detection, tracking or semantic segmentation.
· Experience with machine learning and image processing-based image classification and segmentation
· Experience with large scale data collection, organization, analysis, and regression test
· Understanding and appreciation of hardened industrial systems
· Excellent analytical and program solving skills, excellent written and oral communication, self-starter and highly motivated
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Robotics: 1 year (Preferred)
- ML, DL and CV algorithms: 3 years (Required)