Tulip, the Frontline Operations Platform, is empowering the worlds leading manufacturers to improve the productivity of their teams, the quality of their output, and the efficiency of their operations. With Tulips no-code platform, manufacturers can empower those closest to operations to digitally transform their facilities and gain real-time visibility into the people, machines and processes involved in production -- all in a matter of days.
Manufacturers of all sizes, across industries including consumer electronics, aerospace and defense, contract manufacturing, automotive, apparel, medical devices and more, have implemented Tulips intuitive platform to solve some of the most pressing challenges in manufacturing: error-proofing processes with guided workflows, integrating industrial IoT (IIoT) technologies with legacy factory machines, and capturing and analyzing real-time production floor data.
A spinoff out of MIT, the company is headquartered in Somerville, MA, with offices in the UK and Germany. It has been recognized as a MES Challenger on the Gartner Magic Quadrant, Frost and Sullivan Entrepreneurial Company of the year and a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer. You can learn more and get started for free at Tulip.co.
- Someone who believes that happy & productive staff are the heart of a company.
- Strong program and project management chops.
- Enjoys taking responsibility for problem solving.
- Values policy compliance and has a knack for identifying and mitigating risk.
- Is a talented mentor and people manager.
- Has proven skills in system administration and maintenance.
- Are a people person, and excited by the idea of helping a company grow
- Are organized and love tracking numbers
- Want to join a small team and make a big difference
- Naturally tend towards data to track results and improve process
- Can quickly prioritize and organize your time to get things done often under deadlines
- Carry an excellent personal touch in your written and verbal communication
- Naturally creative, curious, and inspired to learn new things
- Love to establish links and meet new people
What skills do I need?
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in People Operations
- Demonstrated success as an HR generalist supporting 50+ employees in multiple locations.
- Excellent people management skills; ability to train, oversee, coach, and mentor
- Takes responsibility for problem solving and process improvement.
- Knowledge and experience in employment law, compensation, organizational development, employee relations, and training and development.
- Able to make and stand behind difficult or unpopular decisions.
- Experience and aptitude in creating and refining internal policy and process.
- Capable of managing conflict and conflicting views.
- Demonstrated success in building and/or maintaining a People Operations data practice and using data to inform decision making
- Demonstrated knowledge managing and maintaining HRIS systems.
- Demonstrated success in change management with diverse stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to work, manage, and meet competing deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Expertise or familiarity with local labor laws of Germany and Hungary would be a bonus (or just an interest in learning about international growth and operations)
- People Operations generalist - wearing many hats and tackling many different problems and projects.
- Resolve complex employee relations issues
- Identify training needs and develop training programs for employee and leadership development
- Support the Tulip compensation cycle and process; identify opportunities for process and policy improvements
- Project manage critical x-functional, company-wide People Operations programs such as our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion program and our Feedback 360 cycle
- Work with EU Ops and Legal to support people operations for Tulip entities in the EU (Germany Gmbh and Hungary kft)
- Recruiting, onboarding/offboarding, culture, localized policies, localized training, localized compliance
- Proactively promote and lead activities to contribute to adoption of company values in action and positive office culture.
- Recruiting for specific roles, as needed (20% of time)
- This role reports to the Chief of Staff / Head of People Operations
- Business Operations / Finance
- Tulip Leads (Managers)
- Chief of Staff
Working At Tulip
We are building a strong, diverse team that values hard work, families, and personal well being.
Benefits of working with us include:
- Direct impact on product and culture
- Company equity
- Competitive benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, Short-term Disability, Long-term Disability, Life Insurance, Health Reimbursement Account (HRA), Commuter Benefits, Parental Leave, and 401k
- Flexible work schedule and unlimited vacation policy
- Virtual company events and happy hours
- Fitness subsidies
We are an equal opportunity employer and building a diverse team is our top priority. At Tulip, we celebrate all. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Help us build an inclusive community that will transform manufacturing.