Were a high-tech home security company thats passionate about protecting the life youve built and our mission of keeping Every Home Secure. And weve created a culture here that cares just as deeply about the career youre building. Ours is a no ego culture of collaboration and innovation where those seeking their next challenge can find big opportunities and make a huge impact on the lives of all those who we protect. We dont just want you to work here. We want you to grow and thrive here.
Were embracing a hybrid work model that enables our teams to split their time between office and home. Hybrid for us means we expect our teams to come together in our state-of-the-art office on two core days, typically Tuesday and Wednesday, working together in person and choose where they work for the remainder of the week. We all benefit from flexibility and get to use the best of both worlds to get our work done.
Why are we hiring?
Well, were growing and thriving. So, we need smart, talented, and humble people who share our values to join us as we disrupt the home security space and relentlessly pursue our mission of keeping Every Home Secure.
What Youll Do
This role will also be responsible for continually driving process improvements and be an experienced and trusted payroll resource for the entire company. This is a unique opportunity to be part of building the function in a hyper growth, private equity backed company. In this role you will:
- Ensure accurate, timely and efficient processing, calculating and payment of bi-weekly payrolls
- Manage all payroll functions and maintain compliance with applicable policies, contracts, and State and Federal laws
- Continue to implement and enhance best-in-class payroll policies, procedures and internal control policies.
- Analyze and reconcile post-payroll reports and quarterly tax filings to identify discrepancies in order to resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Perform monthly payroll close duties, including the preparation of period-end accruals and monthly journal entries for all payroll and benefits, reconciliations of payroll registers to the general ledger, etc.
- Responsible for the timely preparation and calculation of any special checks, i.e., termination pay, special bonuses or equity-based transactions.
- Respond to employee questions and create materials and training to education employees on payroll and pay statements.
- Be responsible for reconciling W-2 forms to ensure accurate entry of all compensation and deduction transactions.
- Oversee and ensure the effective, accurate and timely set up and filing of all employer payroll and related compliance forms and returns for all applicable jurisdictions
- Support annual financial statements, 401(k), Workers Compensation and other audits, as needed
- Partner with the People Operations and Benefits on the ongoing maintenance of UKG Ready.
- Experience with stock plan administration is desirable.
What You'll Bring
You are a collaborative, intellectually quick self-starter who is energized in building high quality payroll processes and controls within a fast-growing company. Your pro-active and organizational skills enable you to meet critical deadlines. Other qualifications include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance; FPC or CPP certification preferred
- 5-7 years of progressive payroll management experience
- Experience with multi-state payroll is a requirement.
- Experience with UKG Ready
- Strong system and data flow knowledge; ability to learn and adapt to new flows and software technologies.
- High detailed orientated and organized in a fast-paced environment.
- High functioning, working knowledge of relevant payroll related standards, codes, GAAP, regulations and other related requirements.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to build solid relationships and establish credibility across all levels of the organization must be a team player
- A proven performer who is motivated, focused, passionate, and inspires confidence in employees and senior management, and
- Highest level of integrity in all dealings with people inside and outside the Company, exemplifying high moral and ethical behavior
What Values Youll Share
- Customer Obsessed - Building deep empathy for our customers, putting them at the core of our work, and developing strong, long-term relationships with them.
- Aim High - Always challenging ourselves and others to raise the bar.
- No Ego - Maintaining a no job too small attitude, and an open, inclusive and humble style.
- One Team - Taking a highly collaborative approach to achieving success.
- Lift As We Climb - Investing in developing others and helping others around us succeed.
- Lean & Nimble - Working with agility and efficiency to experiment in an often ambiguous environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Likewise, we are committed to full support of qualified individuals in hiring and employment. In keeping with this commitment, we will work with qualified individuals with disabilities to assess whether a reasonable accommodation may be provided to perform the essential functions of their role, absent undue hardship. If a reasonable accommodation may be needed to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of a position, or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact [email protected].