ARE YOU INTERESTED IN JOINING A HYPER-GROWTH LOGISTICS TECH COMPANY?
Do you believe in game-changing innovations and are excited about reimagining an 800 billion dollar industry?
Do you want to join a rapidly growing company at the ground level and help build a payroll team and process from scratch?
Do you like the prospect of being empowered to help select new payroll and human capital providers and system tools?
If so, nice to meet you! We are Loadsmart and we have recently created a new Payroll Manager to help us optimize top talent at our growing company (we grew from 150 to 450 in the last 18 months) with a recent Series C of $90M. We are seeking an innovative, agile, data-oriented Payroll Manager who thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced global company.
Here at Loadsmart, you will get to be the owner of the payroll process for both our US based employees as well as contractors with a worldwide presence. You will get to work closely across multiple departments with lots of exposure to leadership. You will become the subject matter expert in all payroll related matters for the entire company.
REPORTING TO: Andy Lien, Accounting Manager
LOCATION: Chicago, IL
What you get to do...
- Manage the preparation and processing of payroll for US employees and international contractors
- Handle all government reporting requirements related to payroll taxes, withholdings, and employer contributions
- Partner with HR to ensure accurate and timely processing of payroll updates including new hires, terminations, and changes to pay rates
- Improve the process of review of payroll to ensure accuracy of input into financials
- Evaluate new tools for processing payroll for a rapidly growing company
- Ensure Loadsmart is in compliance in accordance with state and federal laws
- Be the subject matter expert for our employees to approach for any payroll related issues and questions
- Prepare and Support analysis and ad hoc projects for Finance and External audit teams for all things Human Capital - including Payroll & Contractor Expense, commissions, hiring agencies,
You have experience
- 5 years of payroll experience including Domestic and International presence
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to scrutinize large data sets
- Experience in evaluating and implementing new software
- Being a team player, but also know how to be self-sufficient and work independently
- Participating in System Implementation, Process Mapping and Improvement
Your colleagues would describe you as:
- Respectable and respectful, driven, intentional, detail-oriented and a team player.
- Possessing a growth mindset, sense of curiosity and strong problem solving skills; you are constantly learning about emerging market trends to identify potential opportunities and gaps
- Tech-savvy including the ability to leverage (learn, if necessary) collaboration tools including Google Suite and Slack
WORKING AT LOADSMART
A team who listens to your ideas and wants your contributions
Friendly and inclusive workplace culture
Continuous career development and opportunities
Competitive base salaries - we believe in rewarding top talent
Extremely competitive Equity package
Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance plans
Commuter benefits and membership with CITI bike
10 Paid holidays, plus 15 days of accrued PTO for a total of 25 paid days off per year
Lots of employee engagement activities both offsite and onsite; if youre in Chicago expect to have an amazing time as we reopen our offices
An opportunity to work with an inclusive, global community of 450+ Loadies united by our core value of Teamwork
Regular recognition, feedback, and transparency across all levels
Opportunities for you to join our community service initiatives
Are you up to the challenge? Apply today!
At Loadsmart, we believe our biggest asset is our people. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, hiring and developing individuals from diverse backgrounds and experiences to add to our collaborative culture. Loadsmart treats all candidates and employees with respect and does not discriminate in our recruiting, hiring, and promoting processes, including on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, veteran status, or disability.