Full-time, Boston, MA or Remote (US - East Coast / Eastern Time Zone)
Hurry up! Weve got a dream to build!
BlueConic is a fast-growing, Boston-based SaaS startup in search of a motivated, enthusiastic individual to help manage and elevate our payroll and finance functions. As we work to continuously improve our systems and implement new processes, you will be a trusted partner and liaison for our team members, customers, and vendors. If you excel at change management, enjoy helping others, and are eager to bring your people operations and finance expertise to a high-energy environment, youll be a great addition to the team and poised to make an outsized impact in this role.
About the job
People Operations/Payroll Youll be responsible for running monthly and semi-monthly payroll, opening new states, and managing existing states for payroll. Youll also partner with our People Operations team in the selection and implementation of new HRIS and payroll platforms, assisting with onboarding, payroll changes and reporting, benefits administration, ongoing 401(k) compliance and reporting, and year-end testing and associated filings.
Finance Youll help to run the day-to-day finance activities for our US operations, which include billing and revenue recognition, accounts receivable collections, cash reconciliation, month-end reporting, and communicating with a wide range of team members, customers, and vendors. Youll also assist with commission/compensation plan tracking and processing.
- 3+ years of experience working in a similar finance or accounting role, including experience in payroll administration across multiple states.
- Demonstrated experience working with QuickBooks and Salesforce, as well as HRIS and payroll platforms.
- Experience managing state employment and payroll tax related matters, including setting up payroll in new states (global payroll experience a plus).
- Strong benefits administration expertise, particularly with 401(k) plans, contributions, and processing; and benefit plan deductions and their tax treatment.
- Proficiency in accounting, financial best practices, reporting, and analysis.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to effectively manage change, support team members and customers, and collaborate with external vendors.
- Tremendous attention to detail and accuracy, with the ability to handle multiple, concurrent deadlines.
- High level of flexibility and adaptability within a high-growth, fast-paced environment.
- Expertise with Microsoft Excel, especially with advanced formulas and functions.
- Outstanding ability to learn quickly, understand new concepts, ask questions, and present new ideas.
You will be a great fit if you:
- Have an affinity for #thestartuplife.
- Have worked in a startup/high growth environment in a similar role.
- Want to learn all facets of the business and collaborate with other teams.
Reasons to join us:
- Help build the best marketing technology product ever, period.
- Join early and help shape this function as it expands and grows.
- Enjoy competitive salary & benefits and a flexible approach to work with the option of working in office, hybrid, or fully remote.
- Thrive in an inclusive, multi-cultural environment with a values-driven work culture that has been deliberately crafted from the beginning.
BlueConic is the market-leading customer data platform, which gives marketers the power to liberate their data and use it to improve marketing outcomes. Our clients use BlueConic to unify individual-level data and then use that single view across channels. Our SaaS platform is the solution for challenges marketers havent been able to solve for years. Were headquartered in Boston and our development team works from the Netherlands. With more than 300 brands currently using the platform, our work is experienced by millions.
As a group, we are driven by building the dream - the collective passion, ethic, vision, and set of values channeled by a group to achieve a common goal of being extraordinary. Our goal is for BlueConic to be a fun, productive, welcoming, and safe space where BlueCrew members of all races, gender identities, gender expressions, sexual orientations, physical abilities, physical appearances, socioeconomic backgrounds, life experiences, nationalities, ages, religions, and beliefs are empowered to be able to make an outsized impact every day for customers, for partners, for employees.
To join the BlueCrew is to:
- Enjoy hard work and seek out a challenge.
- Care deeply about your colleagues, the mission, and your results.
- Draw energy from the task at hand and radiate it to motivate the people around you.
- Have amazing ideas and be able to bring them to fruition.
- Prioritize hustle over title and results over resumes.
- Balance the pragmatic and systematic, repeatability and opportunism.
- Refuse to compromise on quality, honesty, or dedication.
- Insist on the highest caliber deliverables, especially when sharing externally, even when it seems excessive or nit-picky.