If you are looking for an opportunity to learn essential, foundational Sales skills that drive Ellevations revenue efforts, we have a position for you!
We are looking to add an energetic, driven and resilient Partner Development Associate that will be responsible for our outbound prospecting and lead generation activities. Working closely with the Sales and also Marketing teams, you will prospect and qualify opportunities for our Partner Development Managers (new business sales team) to present Ellevation to potential partner school districts.
This role will include a combination of email and phone outreach, which are both required to reach monthly demo booking goals. In addition to your day-to-day prospecting responsibilities, you will also support our content generation efforts, become well-versed in how to talk about and use the Ellevation product suite, and gain insight into the Sales lifecycle at Ellevation.
The Partner Development Associate role will provide you with essential skills to succeed in Sales, while building a strong understanding of Marketing and mastering the ways in which we develop, position and promote the Ellevation product suite.
Heres what your first year with us looks like:
Within 1 month, you will:
- Onboard and learn about Ellevation, and the work we do to improve outcomes for EL students.
- Learn your assigned prospecting territory and the key selling points relevant to an initial set of States.
- Learn fundamental email marketing and phone outreach skills that drive prospecting efforts.
- Collaborate with Partner Development Managers to design a prospecting strategy for a set of States in key markets that aligns with quarterly and annual sales goals.
- Become familiar with our business systems and sales enablement tools that assist your monthly bookings goals.
- Book your first demos!
Within 3 months, you will:
- Begin to own your territory strategy and make recommendations to Partner Development Managers for where you will concentrate your efforts. Deepen the knowledge of your prospecting territory and extend prospecting efforts to your entire set of States.
- Refine fundamental cold-calling and email marketing skills. Initiate consistently high volume of daily outbound calls to drive consistent weekly lead generation.
- Develop proficiency in our business systems and sales enablement tools, and find creative ways to accelerate our prospecting efforts.
- Hit your monthly demo booking goals!
Within 6 months, you will:
- Become an expert on our lead-generation process at Ellevation.
- Begin to gain proficiency with the Ellevation product suite and deepen product knowledge.
- Collaborate with other members of the Sales and Marketing team on additional efforts that support our brand recognition, product marketing efforts and sales pipeline.
- Master fundamental cold-calling and email marketing skills.
- Hit and exceed your monthly demo booking goals!
Within 12 months, you will:
- Master the lead-generation process at Ellevation.
- Deepen proficiency with the Ellevation product suite, and refine product knowledge needed in order to become an Ellevation expert.
- Lead or primarily support additional efforts on the Marketing team in generating high-quality content that supports company-wide brand and product marketing efforts.
- Begin to identify areas at Ellevation that are interesting opportunities for growth.
- Continue to hit and exceed demo booking goals.
- 1+ years of professional experience, preferably at companies that serve K-12 educators and students or prior teaching experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - youre a talker and you can write well.
- Strong entrepreneurial attitude and resilient work ethic - you dont give up and you find creative solutions to complex problems.
- Desire to develop your skills in Marketing and Sales, coupled with driving outcomes for students and educators.
- Excellent time-management skills - you can own your calendar and organize your time effectively in order to meet your goals.
- Familiarity with Salesforce and email automation clients a plus - if youre not familiar, well teach you!
At Ellevation, we develop world-class software to help school districts and educators support the fastest growing population of K-12 students: English Language Learners (ELLs). Ellevation helps school districts transform their EL programs and ensure all students can achieve their highest aspirations with a best-in-class data and instructional planning platform, resources to build teacher capacity, and student-facing programs to teach academic language.
We are a fast-growing, mission-driven technology company, partnering with over 800 public school districts all across the country. We are well-capitalized, have a strong team, and are continuously focused on how to build the best organization so that we can achieve our ambitious social and financial objectives.
In addition to our great benefit plans and competitive salaries, here are some other perks that make us unique:
+ Great location in Boston - a stones throw from the Chauncy Street/Downtown Crossing T stop (We are currently working 100% remotely due to COVID-19)
+ Ability to make a significant impact in the education industry
+ Fun Fridays including virtual happy hours with our remote team
+ Free snacks, beverages, fruit, and we even compost!
+ On-site gym, game room and darts to support all levels of athleticism
+ Opportunity to join an open and collaborative work environment!
Learn more about our team in our Culture Deck.
Here at Ellevation, we champion diversity, inclusion, equity, and belonging. We strive to build a team that reflects the diverse communities we serve. Were an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values a range of ideas and opinions. We embrace all types of differences in the development of our organization. We are proud to have been recognized in prior years as Best Tech Workplace for Diversity from the Timmy Awards for investing in trainings around inclusive behaviors, microaggressions, unconscious bias, and fostering a culture of sharing educational resources across the company. We are encouraged by our progress, but theres more work to be done.