Office Tour Photos
Who is Virgin Pulse?
Virgin Pulse, founded as part of Sir Richard Branson’s famed Virgin Group, helps organizations build employee health and wellbeing into the DNA of their corporate cultures. As the only company to deliver a powerful, mobile-first digital platform infused with live services, including coaching and biometric screenings, Virgin Pulse’s takes a high-tech-meets-high-touch-approach to engage employees in improving across all aspects of their health and wellbeing, every day – from prevention and building a healthy lifestyle to condition and disease management to condition reversal, all while engaging users daily in building and sustaining healthy habits and behaviors. A global leader in health and wellbeing, Virgin Pulse is committed to helping change lives and businesses around the world for good so that people and organizations can thrive, together. Today, more than 3100 organizations across the globe are using Virgin Pulse’s solutions to improve health, employee wellbeing and engagement, reduce costs and create strong workplace cultures.
Who are our employees?
At Virgin Pulse we’re passionate about changing lives for good. We want to make a difference in the world by helping people be healthy so they can perform at their best, every day, at work and home. Our award-winning solutions support leading employers in improving and simplifying the employee health and wellbeing journey and engaging people in all aspects of their health. But our world-class products and programs are nothing without our people – the employees who design, build, promote, sell, test and perfect the latest innovations in workplace health and wellbeing. Our people are our top priority and we invest in their health and happiness. At Virgin Pulse, we have so much more than a strong, supportive company culture – have a shared vision for a healthier, happier world.
Who are you?
Reporting to the Director, Corporate Systems, the Service Desk Manager will manage, mentor and develop the global Service Desk team, supporting 2000 users across 12 countries. Core responsibilities will include ensuring efficient servicing of support tickets from internal users, clients and vendors. Additionally, the Service Desk manager is responsible for ensuring meeting rooms and corporate technology and audio-visual services are operational across all offices.
This is a hands-on roll involving servicing tickets, creating performance reports, analyzing results and implementing improvements based on Service Desk data. Acting as an escalation point between Service Desk and Corporate Systems the Service Desk Manager will ensure timely surfacing and resolution of broader issues as they become apparent. The Service Desk Manager will also be responsible for creating, maintaining, and operating SOPs, training sessions and materials related to Service Desk activities.
In the role of Service Desk Manager you will wear many hats, though your attention will be key in the following:
- Lead and develop the Service Desk Support staff by defining and establishing schedules, setting priorities, providing support/direction and training.
- Manage the Service Desk ticketing system
- Ensuring Service Desk personnel are meeting SLA’s and customer service expectations.
- Define, measure and report against key Service Desk metrics
- Identify trends and implement process improvements where required.
- Develop, maintain and optimize corporate technology service across offices
- Manage user provisioning and de-provisioning.
- Provide tier 2 support into escalated Service Desk support issues
- Enforce infrastructure related security policies including, Web Filtering, USB Controls, Anti-Virus Software, OS patching and network share restrictions across all endpoints.
- Use, teach & troubleshoot Microsoft and Apple operating systems, including training users on new hardware and/or software applications as requested.
- Assist in resolving hardware problems, system upgrades, networking setup and diagnosis, software problems, backup issues and file recovery.
- Implement and maintain policies and procedures regarding how problems are identified, received, documented, escalated, and corrected.
- Create and manage escalation procedures for chronic issues or broader system failures
- General office technology support.
- Drive user efficiencies projects
- Carry out any supplementary IT tasks, as needed, such as overseeing new infrastructure related installations and other duties as assigned by the department Director.
How to measure your success.
- Reducing ticket numbers through analytical review of support patterns.
- Improve ticket response times year on year.
- Ensuring the response is met for 99% of tickets.
- Drive support quality initiatives to maintain less than 5% ticket rework.
- Maintain effective on-boarding and off-boarding workflows.
- Maintaining a stable and efficient office infrastructure, Printers, Faxes, AV Systems, Meeting Room Technology, and Facility Access Tools.
- Deliver accurate and timely weekly reporting to management.
What you bring to the team.
You offer a variety of personal attributes that make you stand out, including:
- Hungry, Humble and Smart attitude.
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT related subject preferred.
- Network and software related certifications preferred.
- 5 years’ experience of installing and supporting all of the following: Windows OS’s, Mac OSX, Active Directory, Microsoft Office, PC deployment, Antivirus Management, Remote User Networking, VPN, TCP/IP troubleshooting.
- 2 years’ experience in a supervisory role
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Active Directory services
- Experience with corporate Google Services and Corporate Office 365
- Experience working in a fast paced, team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Previous experience in an IT Support environment is required, and some management experience is preferred.
Core Skills, Competencies, and Characteristics you regularly demonstrate.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Experience in dealing with difficult interpersonal situations regarding support issues.
- Analytical thought process.
- Ability to learn systems and processes quickly.
- Broad based application support experience.
- Strong project management skills and ability to engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to diffuse conflict and remain calm in stressful or high-pressure situations.
Why work here?
We believe a career should provide competitive pay and benefits, a collaborative and supportive work environment, strong employee culture and cutting-edge technology and services — so many reasons to love it here.
*We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any protected class status
More Jobs From