Who We Are
ButcherBox is a fast-paced, rapidly-growing company headquartered in Brighton, MA. At ButcherBox, we believe in better. That’s why we deliver 100% grass-fed, grass-finished beef, free-range organic chicken, heritage-breed pork, and wild-caught seafood directly to our members’ doors. All of our products are humanely raised or wild-caught and never given antibiotics or added hormones ever.
We’re working to build a world that’s better for all, and we’re inviting everyone to come along. For us, better means treating our planet with respect. It means improving the lives of animals and the livelihoods of farmers. It means never cutting corners when it comes to doing business. Ultimately, it means better meals, enjoyed together. Our team is made up of people who collaborate and support one another. We’re always looking for outstanding people to join our mission!
About the Role
The Dry Ice Production Manager will be the 2nd hire in our new Dry Ice Manufacturing Facility and report to the Plant Manager. The team is responsible for overseeing the processes for making and shipping dry ice. This role will also help to implement new processes and create metrics to help us optimize the new facility with the goal of reaching 100% efficiency.
- Day to day operations of the dry ice machine – manufacturing, picking, packing, maintenance
- Supervise plant operations and organize and monitor work processes and procedures
- Develop team through training and coaching of employees, identifying areas of opportunity for growth and continual process improvement
- Implement and enforce systems, policies, and procedures
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by establishing and enforcing organization standards and adhering to legal regulations
- Ensure efficient operations by developing work and production schedules, implementing productivity standards, resolving operational problems, and implementing new procedures
- Warehouse (packing/processing/production) experience
- Supervisor experience leading a small to medium sized team
- Forklift experience – expected to operate forklift
- Attention to detail
- Accountability to themselves, their team, and the ability to hold others accountable
- Comfortable and confident in a fast-paced work environment
- Certifications – first aid/CPR certified, project management, production/six sigma, or other
- Proficiency in Spanish or other
- Experience with CO2 or other hazardous material
What We Offer
ButcherBox strives to maintain a supportive and encouraging environment. We value autonomy and transparency, and allow our employees access to all levels of the organization. We're an equal opportunity employer, and we're proud of the steps we've taken and continue to take to promote diversity and inclusion in our workplace. We're open to remote work, and even encourage our in-office employees to work from home a couple days a week.
- Health: medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, an employer-funded HSA, and short & long-term disability benefits
- Financial: 401(k) with generous employer match and an annual discretionary performance bonus
- Time off: unlimited paid time off policy, an executive team that encourages a good work/life balance
- Personal growth: professional development opportunities, including free access to online learning programs
- Food: a free Custom Classic ButcherBox each month and weekly lunch reimbursement
- Others: subsidized commuter benefits and reimbursement for gym membership
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure all individuals are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.