Office Tour Photos
Lose It! is looking for a remote intern for the summer of 2020 who has an interest in business operations, data analytics, and product marketing. At Lose It!, the Operations team works with stakeholders throughout the company to support driving objectives using data analysis. Working closely with the Data Science team, Operations works as an internal consulting arm within the company, and, as a result, the Operations intern role will enjoy extensive exposure to all aspects of the business.
The summer internship program will be focusing on supporting the Customer Care team with newly available data. This person will be helping to answer questions around forecasting volume and staffing needs, improving processes, and allocating resources to improve customer self-service. This data has thus far not received rigorous analysis, leaving this as a real opportunity to make a mark on the business. While this will be the overall objective of the program, the intern will also gain extensive exposure to other aspects of Lose It!, supporting the Marketing, Data Science, and Product teams.
We’re looking for someone to join our team full-time* for the summer, and we can be flexible with exact start and end dates. Apply to this program if you have an interest in startups, business administration, and data analytics!
*Note: This is a paid internship, and will be remote due to the outbreak of COVID-19. This position will observe our 'Summer Hours Policy' and work from Monday - Thursday through August 28th. Employees are expected to work in the state of Massachusetts.
- Work with the Customer Care team and the Data Science team to understand current member interactions and provide recommendations for improvements
- Determine the types of issues our members are most frequently contacting the Customer Care team about
- Analyze the efficiency of our ticket routing and provide recommendations for system improvements
- Create a revised ticket forecast using historical ticket volume data and DAU predictions
Skills and Qualifications
- Demonstrated interest through coursework, extracurriculars or work experience and curiosity are the most important qualifications
- Experience using SQL and Microsoft Excel
- Strong communication skills to be able to turn findings into recommendations
- Experience with R or Python is a large plus
If this sounds like a great role for you, send us your resume and cover letter with the position title in the subject. In your cover letter, briefly tell us why you think you'd be a great fit for Lose It! We look forward to hearing from you!
About Lose It!
Lose It! is a leading consumer software company based in the heart of Boston. Our app and online platforms have helped people get healthier and lose over 90 million pounds worldwide, through calorie tracking and social support. With a top grossing Health & Fitness app in both the iOS and Android app stores and millions of members returning to use the app each week, we're proud of the impact that we've had and are passionate about mobilizing the world to achieve a healthy weight.
Note: Since the outbreak of COVID-19 our employees have been working remotely from their homes. While we would love to be back in the office soon, our existing team and any new team members have the option to work remotely through the rest of 2020.