Starburst is on a mission to modernize data access & analytics. Our company was founded in an unusual way; with customers and revenue from the beginning! Our growth is already ahead of some of the most successful software start-ups, and we dont plan on slowing down.
We believe our opportunity is huge. Every large company in the world suffers from a data silo problem. Traditional data warehouse products approach the problem with old solutions that breed inefficiency and ultimately cant help business analysts run fast analytics on all their data.
Starburst provides a modern solution that addresses these data silo & speed of access problems. Starburst helps enterprises harness the value of open source Trino (formerly PrestoSQL), the fastest distributed query engine available today, by adding the tools and 24x7 support that meet the needs for big data access at scale. Ultimately, Starburst helps organizations run analytics anywhere to make better business decisions.
We are expanding the way we support our customers and are looking to grow the Onboarding Engineer team. This role will support our proven track record of effectively helping our customers deploy Starburst in their production environment.
In this role, youll be expected to understand customers current state and help get them to their future state architecture by deploying Starburst in multiple environments.
The ideal candidate is highly motivated, eager to learn, can work in a fast-paced dynamic environment, and has excellent communication skills. They also have a background in distributed systems, Hadoop, cloud technologies, security, DBMSs, LDAP/AD/Kerberos authentication, and navigating a complex Java codebase.
- Assist and guide customers in the implementation of Starburst from initial infrastructure and security set up to validation.
- Actively juggle multiple customer onboardings and carefully track time and effort commensurate with budget and margin goals
- Project manage the installation of Starburst, managing timelines and proactively diagnosing and resolving unforeseen technical obstacles
- Be the expert in Starburst Enterprise and guide and direct our customers to ensure they make the best technical decisions to achieve scale and performance goals
- Act as eyes and ears of the Starburst team to raise issues, identify risk, and mitigate potential downstream blockers
- Proven track record of implementing customers and adhering to time-to-value metrics
- Project and time management
- Setting up and tuning distributed processing engines
- Analyzing code and using ad-hoc tests to troubleshoot complex issues
- Hadoop (specifically HDFS and Hive)
- Docker and Kubernetes
- Cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, GCP, OpenShift)
- Security: Authentication (LDAP, Kerberos); Authorization technologies (SSL/TLS)
Headquartered in Boston MA with offices in Warsaw and London and employees across Europe and the Americas, we are committed to hiring where the talent is.
Starburst provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.