- Boston, MA
Join a high-performing, tight-knit team at a fast-growing company that is using the Internet of Things (IOT) to transform how organizations sense, monitor, and make decisions. SmartSense’s wireless sensors, cloud-based platform, and analytics help organizations solve important challenges. Our products are pioneering digital food safety, remotely monitoring medications, and providing supply chain visibility. Our systems enable real-time sensor-driven decisions at over 2,000 organizations in 75 countries, including at Walmart, CVS Health, SpaceX, Apple, Coca Cola, McDonald’s, and the US Department of State.
SmartSense is looking for a cheery, energetic, and passionately organized office manager. The Office Manager will be responsible for office administration, welcoming callers and visitors, vendor relations, travel planning, facilities, and general office upkeep. Our office manager will help ensure that our office is efficiently managed, well-stocked, and flawlessly organized, from purchasing, to organizing, to building office protocols.
It’s an ideal position for someone eager to get into a rapidly growing technology company, help the company stay happy and healthy, support the team in a variety of ways, and learn a ton along the way.
Responsibilities / What You’ll Do:
- Event Planning: Plan weekly happy hours and other special office events
- Employee Onboarding: Coordinate new employee onboarding and new equipment setup
- Facilities management: manage office organization, maintenance, and general building facilities
- Office administration: manage visitors, package deliveries, employee requests, scheduling/booking meetings, and staff expense reports
- Purchasing management: manage relationship and purchasing with vendors, including; food service, office supplies, special requests
- Travel – coordinate business travel for upcoming events and trips
- Triage phone calls as they come in so that they go to the right department
- Be a key part of creating a great working environment and a highly motivated and driven team
Requirements/ What We're Looking For:
- 3-5 years of related experience within a growing company
- Startup DNA: Fast on your feet, highly collaborative, always interested in learning
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Effective problem-solving skills and a systematic thinker
- High level of planning skills, and putting organizational processes in place
- Demonstrated ability to balance, prioritize and complete multiple urgent tasks independently
- Team player who thrives on helping people
- Able to deliver effective results, meet tight deadlines and targets
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and effective listening skills required
- Possesses a natural customer empathy and ability to connect with anybody
- Extremely detail oriented
- Serve as a brand ambassador in all customer interactions
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible vacation policy
- Employee covered benefits (medical, vision, dental, 401k matching)
- An office located in Boston’s Leather District (one block from South Station)
- Weekly team Happy Hour
- A top-of-the-line computer setup PC
Join us and directly shape the future of organizations everywhere.