NWN Corporation is an established leader in technology-enabled services, transforming the customer experience for commercial, enterprise and public sector organizations through its solution-as-a-service platform. With over 1,300 customers throughout the U.S., NWN provides a unified customer experience with integrated offerings for unified communications, security, contact center, DaaS (device-as-a-service), connectivity and advanced technology solutions.
NWN is looking for an Offering Technical Lead to join our team. This is a full time position with full benefits.
The Offering Technical Lead role is responsible for complete ownership of the technical sale during customer and partner pre-sales activities.
Scope of Role Responsibilities
Essential, key job responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Successfully plans and executes sales activities within the sales process.
- Total ownership of the technical sale during customer and partner pre-sales activities.
- Leads sales and partners in scoping NWN Offerings to meet customer requirements.
- Analyzes client business needs and recommend appropriate business solution/strategy.
- Participates in the planning and design process by assessing current state and desired outcome.
- Identifies, provides leadership to, and coordinates technical solution development activities in pursuit of formal proposal development.
- Identifies and engages Subject Matter Experts for discreet service offerings identified in the technical solution.
- Monitors the engagement process and obtains additional resources as needed.
- Sets up and executes evaluation activities that prove NWN Offerings.
- Identifies and develops technical champions; neutralizes challengers within the account.
- Ensures complete handshake to customer success organization.
- Act as escalation point for Field Solutions Architects and Sales teams supporting strategic and complex deals requiring deep level of expertise on a single domain or NWN offering.
- Demonstrates significant expertise in NWN's Core Offerings.
- Masters Command of the Message and Sale principles.
- Conduct sales presentations and product demos to convey the value of NWN solutions.
- Builds impactful pilot/POCs that prove impact on customer business/requirements.
- Comprehensive product, competitive, industry and functionality knowledge.
- Continues education of self and others; facilitates knowledge transfer across the organization.
- Works in conjunction with the Offering Management team in the strategy and development of business assured solutions based on current market trends, client's business requirements and NWN's processes and resources.
- Works in conjunction with the Offering Management team to validates solution pricing. Escalates solution pricing for approvals when the pricing is outside of established margin limits.
- Monitors and ensures business and financial success of designated offering or technology area with regard to profitability of services personnel and product offerings.
- Contributes to NWN's Offering Development and Management strategy by actively participating in all regularly scheduled meetings, sprint activities, summits, and offering standard collateral generation.
- Enables the Field Solutions Architect and Sales teams on their designated NWN offering.
- Establishes deep relationships with NWN's partner engineer, sales, business units and leadership teams to develop confidence in NWN product sales and promote NWN's services capabilities.
Client and partner engagement:
- Provides technical expertise through sales presentation product demonstration of NWN offerings.
- Maximizes results by anticipating and neutralizing obstacles/objections within an account.
- Adds value to customer by staying up-to-date on market trends and articulating tangible benefits across customer audiences.
- Excites and commits prospects with persuasive demos and presentations (formal/informal).
- Actively engages and influences partner community.
- Provides long term strategy sustaining technical account management.
- Works effectively as a team member, leads the organization and effectively orchestrates internal and external resources.
- Actively collaborates with and provides feedback to the Offerings Management team and Subject Matter Experts resources within the presales team.
- Effectively communicates with all critical resources throughout the sales process.
- Drives accountability of self and all team members to ensure execution of action items.
- Humility to learn, master and follow NWN processes.
- Creativity in framing a deal and positioning NWN Offerings to meet the client's business objectives.
Passionate business problem solver for customers.
Additional job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Position requires on-going self-study to continuously improve skills relative to strategic technology direction and service offerings.
- Position requires fostering and growth of new and pre-established industry relationships with clients and NWN's partners
- Recurring report requirements may include but are not limited to: time sheets, expense reports, billable time sheets, task completion documentation
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Role Qualifications and Requirements
The following are minimum qualifications and requirements required for this role:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related experience.
- 5+ years of experience in a technical leadership role on small to medium size projects in the areas of integration or support services.
- 5+ Years Minimum hands on experience designing, deploying, and supporting complex communications systems.
- Two (2) professional level certifications (e.g. CCDP, CCNP, etc.) or one (1) expert level certification (e.g. CCIE or CCDE).
- Minimum of two (2) specialization certifications (e.g. Adv Routing and Switch FE, Wireless FE, Security, Unified Communications, etc.).
- One (1) HPE level certification to promote product options and selection within the region.
- CCIE written or equivalent experience (CCNP or CCDP required), EMC, VMWare, Citrix, NetApp, or HP written Certification (i.e. EMC Proven Professional, VSTP).
- Defined area of Specialization supported by certification or equivalent experience (i.e. Route Switch, VoIP, Wireless, Server, Storage, Virtualization, Backup and Recovery, VDI).
- Knowledge of IP Communications, Networking, Security, End User Computing, Virtualization and Data Center Industry and Solutions.
- Involvement in Industry Councils, User Groups, as appropriate.
- Experience with structured project management methodologies.
- Experience working with solution design, job costing and quality planning.
- Experience developing/writing technical sales documents.
- Experience working in a project/team environment.
- Must possess excellent time management skills.
- Must possess good organizational skills.
- Must possess excellent client/customer interface skills.
- Must possess working knowledge of Visio.
- Ability to develop/ deliver management presentations.
- Proficient in MS-Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Able to architect and design detailed configurations for complex Communications Systems.
- Able to assess and monitor a complex network to ensure service is provided as designed.
- Excellent relationship skills.
- Excellent verbal written communication skills are required.
- Excellent high-level problem solving skills.