We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. We are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance. We have an Agile workspace to foster a relaxed, innovative and collaborative culture. We believe in empowered engineers who are given the freedom and responsibility to build great software. We embrace a DevOps approach to our highly-scalable, highly-automated solutions we build it, we own it.
Global Retail Markets (GRM) U.S. Technology is actively searching for a Vice President & Senior Director, Technology. In this position, you will lead a combined organization of Middleware and Database capabilities, Agile Engineering Services, and an enterprise-scale 24/7 IT Operations organization. Additionally, you will lead an application development team building global Document Solutions capabilities.
The GRM-US Engineering Enablement & Operations (EE&O) team provides four core services to accelerate value delivery: Agile Engineering Services, Middleware & Database Specialization, IT Operations & Document Solutions Shared Services. The team supports six functional business domains with connection & support from Central IT. As the new leader of this team, you will empower creation and delivery of secure, stable, reliable solutions through software engineering and operational excellence. This role will report to the SVP & CIO for U.S. Global Retail Markets.
- Lead an enterprise-scale, 24/7 IT Operations organization consisting of engineers, help desk agents, change managers through all stages of the software lifecycle.
- Lead an experienced engineering organization focused on robust middleware and database solutions that enable efficient end to end software delivery across Global Retail Markets U.S..
- Lead quality engineering strategy and the implementation of enabling tools, frameworks and engineering practices that uphold software quality standards in an agile software delivery environment.
- Lead application development team accountable for building global document management, publishing, eSign, ingestion and archival services.
- Lead the advancement of our operational strategy for on-premise as well as cloud-native software solutions.
- Partner closely with GRM U.S. Architecture and Leadership to enhance and deliver cloud native architectural patterns that enable software engineering teams to deliver best-in-class digital native experiences.
- Partner closely with IT Finance, Central IT, Business and application owners to build and execute a Total Cost of Ownership strategy.
- Ensure operational strategy and system architecture is aligned with business and IT strategic objectives and technology standards.
- Influence senior leaders and all levels of business and IT staff on go forward technology strategies, including policies, standards, operations, and governance.
- Is accountable for working with our architecture and agile squads to deliver secure, scalable, reliable solutions, while leveraging best practices across in our architecture, tooling, and engineering processes.
- Drive and implement change and continuous improvement. Maintain breadth and depth of perspective, utilizing enterprise and industry/market trends, standard executive dashboards and regular benchmarking exercises.
- Provide technical thought leadership and manage relationships with business partners, stakeholders, infrastructure teams and other engineering teams.
- Evangelize a culture of innovation by leveraging industry insights, analytics and operational metrics.
- Anticipate and manage technology evolution and relate it to business solutions.
- Partners closely with Innovation team on new ideas and emerging business opportunities.
- Uphold and advance enterprise-wide software/infrastructure reliability standards.
- Foster team adoption of reliability engineering best practices.
- Establish team financial plan and manage to plan.
- Hire, coach, counsel, develop and retain talent.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in technical or business discipline or related experience; Master's Degree preferred. Generally more than 15 years related experience with 5+ years in a leadership role.
- Demonstrated experience managing large-scale, enterprise-grade distributed systems
- DevOps technologies, patterns and practices
- Extensive experience in high-level systems planning, design, development, maintenance and troubleshooting with a track record of accomplishment in large, complex, and distributed systems.
- Dynamic, seasoned leader with strong technology experience. Program management experience delivering multiple large scale projects and effective leader of large teams.
- Expertise in designing and improving processes. Ability to attract, coach, and mentor and build a strong functional and technical team.
- Experience with leveraging and managing IT offshore vendors.
- Strategic thinker with deep business acumen and understanding of how IT will contribute to business strategy.
- Ability to work closely with the business functions and IT teams within Liberty and establish strong relationships - both internally with business units, and externally, with vendors and providers.
- Highly effective analytical, negotiation, facilitation and consensus building skills. Change leader who is customer focused and translates vision into actionable deliverables.
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills - can do deep dives while staying focused.
- Exceptional program management skills and the ability to organize, plan, execute enterprise projects.
- In-depth knowledge of IT concepts, strategies and methodologies and their application to business opportunities.
- Advanced knowledge of management concepts, practices and techniques. Ability to promote a team environment consisting of several geographically dispersed teams.
- Thorough understanding of business operations, objectives and strategies including but not limited to, insurance industry, financial services, global business and technology trends.
- Highly developed analytical, negotiation, facilitation and consensus building skills.
- Exceptional skill and proven track record of highly developed oral and written communication skills; including very strong presentation and collaboration skills.
- Experience in Financial Services or Insurance industry preferred, but not required.
Our mission is to create a highly-personalized experience for our customers. We believe that transparency of information and elegant design are an essential need for customers when making buying decisions. We work to build enthusiasm for one another by taking ownership of the problem domain, and embrace a culture evaluating our successes and failures with equal levels of passion.
We value your hard work, integrity and dedication to positive change. In return for your service, its our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace an environment that is free from all discrimination in the workplace, in its business, or by its vendors. Liberty Mutual values diversity and the differences and similarities of our employees. We foster a diverse and inclusive work environment that leads to better ideas, stronger teams and more innovative products and services for our customers. Learn more.
More Jobs From