- Help bring Information Management operations into the future!
- Set the bar high for Stability and Reliability!
- Help raise our system availability to heights that Delight!
- Contribute to the design of a state-of-the art monitoring and alerting system!
- Make End User Experience an expected pleasure!
If this excites you and you have a growth mindset we are looking for you!!
Liberty Mutual Personal Markets has an immediate need for a Sr. Systems Administrator in our Information Management Well Managed Engineering Group. If you have a solid system administration and UNIX background and excellent problem-solving and organizational skills, you will contribute to the stability and reliability of multiple BI/Analytic technologies. You will assist in making our future state architecture and cloud aspirations a reality and will work with a highly motivated and engaged squad using agile methodology. This is an outstanding opportunity to assist in fueling the growth of our Liberty Mutual Personal Markets organization by administering technologies that power Business Intelligence and Analytics using our Enterprise Data Warehouse.
- Collaboration on work epics as one team with IT, GRM Data Office, and Business partners
- Provide systems administration, operational support and problem resolution for large systems covering multiple technologies.
- Contribute and implement ideas and processes to enhance system and platform stability and reliability.
- Contribute to future state architecture and cloud initiatives.
- Provide technical leadership for the multiple environments including:
- Maintain ongoing knowledge of software and hardware environments (including future releases)
- Troubleshoot hardware and software problems, take appropriate corrective action, interact with IT staff and vendors in performing complex testing, support and troubleshooting functions. Communicate and document findings.
- Support production and non-production environments
- Develop performance, SLA, and service quality reporting
- Perform software installation and upgrades.
- Monitor system performance and capacity; report changes in usage.
- Forecast system demand, recommend upgrades, expansion and reconfiguration
- Participate in hardware/software installation, maintenance and support and documentation of hardware/software logs and operating procedures.
- Manage security administration and deployments
- Document standards and operating procedures for a large systems and act as a technical resource to IT staff and systems users.
- Lead upgrade projects
- Analyze complex technical problems and design and implement effective solutions.
- Proactively provide technical and process-oriented suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
- Bachelors Degree or related experience in Computer Science or related area of study
Experienced in Agile engineering methodology
Expert BI/Analytic skills preferred in at least one toolset (e.g. Microstrategy, SAS, Power BI, etc.)
5+ years of experience as a systems administrator/application administrator required
8+ years of overall IT experience required
Experience in large volume data warehouse and/or data lake environments
Strong oral and written communication skills
Solid time management and organizational skills, and detail-oriented
Must work well independently and in a collaborative team environment.
Strong, positive, proactive team player
- AWS / Azure cloud administrative experience
End user experience testing skills
Strong SQL coding skills
Python coding skills
Working knowledge of Docker and/or Packer
UNIX/KSH/Shell scripting skills
Splunk - experience developing and understanding dashboards
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, its our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
Were dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
More Jobs From