We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
The Engineering & Enablement Operations organization is seeking an experienced Solutions Engineer, Software for the Application Technology Services team, Deployment Platforms & Observability Squad. Specific experience preferred would include strong System Administration skills, experience administrating large, complex Linux and Windows based Applications and services. Additional skills include Computer Science fundamentals along with an understanding of SDLC or CI/CD methodologies, Python, Docker, AppDynamics, AWS and IAC knowledge. Knowledge of Observability tools needed (AppDynamics, New Relic, Datadog, etc.)
Application Technology Services provides architectural guidance along with support and enablement of engineering teams leveraging existing middleware, database and infrastructure capabilities. Embodying a DevOps culture based on partnership with application engineers and proven technologies, tools and practices, ATS builds capabilities that allow the organization focus on rapid delivery of business value. By taking a customer-centric approach to infrastructure engineering, ATS provides mission critical engineering enablement to GRM US.
Most importantly, you'll be engaged in meaningful work in an organization that is committed to "helping people live safer, more secure lives" every day.
- Provides advanced system administration and operational support
- Interacts with Software Product and Infrastructure teams to gather and define user stories
- Performs Quality Assurance coding and design review; defects or discrepancies in requirements identified and resolved with appropriate Product Owners and application Software Developers.
- Monitors system performance and capacity; reports changes in usage
- Generate highly complex ideas, issues and designs to varied audiences.
- Participate in the creation of the technical runway, partnered with architecture team
- Analyzes user stories for validity and feasibility with PO and SM
- Plans work out appropriately, proactively escalates issues that may impact scope, schedule, budget.
- Mentor new and junior engineers.
- Identify and recommend appropriate continuous improvement opportunities
- Anticipate and manage technology evolution and relate it to business solutions.
- Foster team adoption of engineering best practice and operational excellence.
- Evangelize a culture of innovation by leveraging industry insights, analytics and operational metrics.
- Stay on top of technology trends; make strategic and tactical recommendations to support continuous improvement.
- Bachelor's or masters degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline or equivalent experience; master's degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years related experience in software engineering, systems administration/analysis.
- Demonstrated experience architecting large-scale, enterprise-grade distributed systems.
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills; strong presentation skills.
- Significant breadth and depth of knowledge in the areas of:
- Layered systems architectures and layered solutions and designs; understanding of shared software concepts
- Configuration as code
- Cloud solutions and deployments, preferable AWS and Azure
- Services patterns, application containers, and API gateway management capabilities
- Experience working in an agile engineering environment.
- Naturally inquisitive with a customer-centric mindset.
- Proficient in new and emerging technologies.
- Understanding of agile software development concepts and processes. Must be proactive, demonstrate initiative and be a logical thinker.
- Consultative skills, including the ability to understand and assist in applying customer requirements, including drawing out unforeseen implications and making recommendations for design, the ability to define design reasoning, understanding potential impacts of design requirements.
- Understanding of backlog tracking, burndown metrics, and incremental delivery. Collaboration, prioritization, and adaptability skills required.
We take care of our employees
We strongly believe that a great job should keep you happy both at workand in life. Thats why we offer:
- Workplace Flexibility
- Wellness Perks
- Collaborative workspaces
- Sit/stand desks
- Career development, programs and classes
- Diversity & Inclusion programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Adoption Assistance
- College Savings Plan
- Education reimbursement
- Hackathon Events
Liberty Mutual was named as a 2016 Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US.
Check out our Tech at Liberty Mutual YouTube playlist - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxUNmyJ_IIGx9yoUJfQ8k5APAK3-KAa6j
More Jobs From