Tech at Liberty Mutual
At Liberty Mutual, technology isn't just a part of our business, it's what drives us forward. We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
The Agile Engineering team provides architectural leadership, support and enablement of modern, cloud-native software development. Implementing and influencing a platform based on the latest tools, principles, patterns and practices of cloud-native engineering, we build capabilities that allow the organization focus on rapid delivery of business value. Our platform provides mission critical engineering enablement to our application teams, allowing them to create and instantly deploy new applications, with quality, while taking advantage of open source enterprise-class capabilities.
As a Solutions Engineer within Global Retail Markets, Agile Engineering, you will work with other engineers, technologists and architects to help develop a comprehensive quality focus for roughly 300 development teams. This includes software engineering quality standards, testing as a service offering, and application quality observability. Complimentary to those listed, youll also partner with our teams to consult on quality engineering, shift left testing approaches, and extreme programming techniques.
- Act as a solution engineer whose primary focus is moving our enterprise to a continually quality focused engineering competency through our architectures and frameworks.
- Collaborate with development teams and architects experienced in existing on-premise solution, a solid roadmap towards the future, and a passion to learn and drive the adoption of newer technologies to ensure solution alignment with technical architecture, business plans and long-term strategy.
- Guide the development of system, technical and product standards based on business plan and vision.
- Make recommendations to improve process efficiency and effectiveness, providing input to major architectural designs to ensure consistency, security, maintainability and flexibility with respect to overall system, technical and product architectures within the GRM-US contact center eco system.
- Continually enhance full delivery pipeline through automation, expanded yet increasingly efficient test coverage, ultimately optimizing time-to-market and quality
- Plan and manage execution of architecture migrations.
- Deliver artifacts, technical alternatives and architectural designs that meet business requirements.
- Oversee design reviews and frameworks.
- Contribute to decisions that impact profitability and operational effectiveness.
- Partner with business and technology leadership to identify problems, and opportunities for technology and engineering innovation.
- Help establish a clear, consistent technology vision through collaboration, influence, and enablement.
- Research, recommend, design and develop systems and application architecture with a specific focus on software quality.
- Stay informed on initiatives across the industry and the enterprise to help product owners and IT leadership effectively prioritize.
- Through industry experience and research, introduce robust quality engineering best practices throughout the organization.
- Tailor communication and convey complex ideas in a concise manner to a diverse set of audiences and venues.
- Craft guidance that helps delivery teams identify quality risk factors around all facets of the software development lifecycle.
- Identify and assess the organizational impact of enterprise architecture and standards, including change in skills, processes and structures.
- Accelerate delivery by forming a network of positive relationships with vendors, industry thought leaders and other influencers within the enterprise and beyond.
- Mentor engineers and senior leadership alike. Inspire and lead senior technical individual contributors.
This role might be for you if you have:
- Bachelor`s or Master`s degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience; technical Master`s degree preferred.
- Generally a minimum of 10 years related experience.
- In-depth knowledge of IT concepts, strategies and methodologies.
- In-depth knowledge of diverse and emerging technologies and new architectural concepts and principles.
- Knowledgeable in software engineering languages and tools; proficient in new and emerging technologies.
- In-depth understanding of layered solutions and designs; in-depth understanding of shared software concepts and product features, as well as security minded.
- In-depth knowledge of business operations, objectives and strategies; in-depth understanding of global business and technology trends and the financial services industry.
- Highly developed negotiation, consensus building & influencing skills, facilitation and the adaptability to respond to change quickly.
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills; strong presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with all levels of the organization.
Highly competitive applicants will have:
- Experience working with Agile methodologies (Scrum, Lean Startup, XP) and cross-functional teams (Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Developers, Designers, Business Analysts)
- Ideally familiar with Design Thinking, Behavior and Test-Driven Development
- Experience/competency with the testing pyramid, performance testing, integration testing, smoke testing, application healthchecks, observability tools, and CI/CD pipelines.
- Strong coding skills, problem solving and troubleshooting.
- Strong leadership, communication and collaboration skills with track record of taking solution ownership
- Experience in Cloud computing - AWS Platform, preferably PaaS services.
- Git version control
- You have 10 years demonstrating a high degree of proficiency in quality assurance practices used for testing and delivering complex, high-quality software.
- You have a track record of helping teams improve their quality assurance practices as well as helping them learn to troubleshooting massively scalable, always-on, multi-region systems.
- You are well versed in various testing techniques and can identify issues in not only applications and middleware but within the infrastructure itself as well.
- Tools like AppDynamics, NewRelic, Introscope, Datadog, Splunk and the like are second nature to you.
- Test Data Management is a tool you readily utilize to automate testing in CI/CD pipelines.
- You have deep knowledge of appropriate techniques to proactively monitor, alert, and create self-correcting mechanisms for issues within complex distributed systems and infrastructure.
- You have utilized one or more cloud-based platforms such as AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud, and can elaborate on the -aaS hierarchy.
- Experience with Chaos Engineering is a plus.
- Insurance industry experience is a plus.
We strongly believe that a great job should keep you happy both at workand in life. Thats why we offer:
- Workplace Flexibility
- Wellness Perks
- Collaborative workspaces
- Sit/stand desks
- Career development, programs and classes
- Diversity & Inclusion programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Adoption Assistance
- College Savings Plan
- Education reimbursement
- Hackathon Events
Learn more about Tech at Liberty Mutual
Check out our Tech at Liberty Mutual YouTube playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxUNmyJ_IIGx9yoUJfQ8k5APAK3-KAa6j
More Jobs From