Software Engineer - Full Stack, Agile Engineering Office
Liberty Mutual Information Technology group delivers award-winning technology solutions for the Liberty Mutual Global Retail Market U.S. business unit, the fifth largest in personal auto and property premium with 5% market share. We are a market leader in multi-channel distribution capabilities, delivering best-in-class customer facing solutions with unrivaled access to a wide range of products and services. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
Agile Engineering, a department within Liberty Mutual Global Retail Markets US Engineering Enablement & Operations empowers the delivery of secure, stable, reliable solutions through software engineering and operational excellence.
The Agile Engineering department is looking to add an ambitious and creative Full Stack Softwware Engineer to our talented agile team engaged in customer-driven quality solutions for Cloud and CI/CD pipeline automation. The platforms and features we build provide mission critical quality engineering enablement for hundreds of development teams, allowing them to create and instantly deploy new applications while taking advantage of open source enterprise-class capabilities.
- Create tools, patterns, practices, and cloud-native platforms and features that allow teams to focus on delivering business value with quality
- Analyze technical system problems, design and implement effective solutions
- Full-stack development, including coding, testing, and debugging during each cycle
- Actively participate in Agile ceremonies to remove blockers, refine stories, plan sprints, and demo functionality to diverse business stakeholders
- Support feature technical implementation
- Create and maintain technical documentation
- Executes all levels of testing (Unit, System, Integration, Regression)
- Help with mentoring new and junior developers
- Collaborate with a product owner and an autonomous team of engineers to find comprehensive solutions
- Research technology and bring new ideas to the team
- Become a developer advocate improving technical communications with developers at Liberty Mutual and foster a deeper understanding to their problems and needs
- Possess a deep understanding of the product and business goals which you can translate into technology decisions
- Keeps informed of advances in IT, Quality Engineering, and Agile Engineering practices.
- Bachelor's Degree in technical discipline preferably computer science or software development.
- Proactive, consistently demonstrates initiative to take ownership of resolving issues and gaps.
- Extensive knowledge of IT concepts, strategies, methodologies, architectures and technical standards.
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Knowledge in web service design and development.
- Foundational knowledge or proficient in new and emerging technologies such as AWS/Azure, Spring Boot, DevOps, CI/CD, MicroServices, and event driven architecture.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and communication and collaboration skills.
- General knowledge of agile software development concepts and processes (especially Scrum)
- Experience with layered system architectures and layered solutions; understanding of shared software concepts.
Benefits & Culture:
Best Employers for Diversity http://bit.ly/LibertyMutual-BestPlaces-for-Diversity
Best Employers for Women; http://bit.ly/LibertyMutual-BestPlacesToWorkforWomen
Best Employers for New Grads http://bit.ly/LibertyMutual-BestPlacesforNewGrads
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace an environment that is free from all discrimination in the workplace, in its business, or by its vendors. Liberty Mutual values diversity and the differences and similarities of our employees. We foster a diverse and inclusive work environment that leads to better ideas, stronger teams and more innovative products and services for our customers.
More Jobs From