Social Media Strategist - Part-time days
Part-time days - normal business hours
Who is Virgin Pulse?
Virgin Pulse, founded as part of Sir Richard Bransons famed Virgin Group, helps organizations build employee health and wellbeing into the DNA of their corporate cultures. As the only company to deliver a powerful, mobile-first digital platform infused with live services, including coaching and biometric screenings, Virgin Pulse takes a high-tech-meets-high-touch-approach to engage employees in improving across all aspects of their health and wellbeing, every day from prevention and building a healthy lifestyle to condition and disease management to condition reversal, all while engaging users daily in building and sustaining healthy habits and behaviors. A global leader in health and wellbeing, Virgin Pulse is committed to helping change lives and businesses around the world for good so that people and organizations can thrive, together. Today, more than 3100 organizations across the globe are using Virgin Pulse solutions to improve health, employee wellbeing and engagement, reduce costs and create strong workplace cultures.
Who are our employees?
At Virgin Pulse were passionate about changing lives for good. We want to make a difference in the world by helping peoplebe healthy so they can perform at their best, every day, at work and home. Our award-winning solutions support leading employers in improving and simplifying the employee health and wellbeing journey and engaging people in all aspects of their health. But our world-class products and programs are nothing without our people the employees who design, build, promote, sell, test and perfect the latest innovations in workplace health and wellbeing. Our people are our top priority and we invest in their health and happiness. At Virgin Pulse, we have so much more than a strong, supportive company culture have a shared vision for a healthier, happier world.
Who you are.
You are a talented Freelance Social Media Strategist who is excited to take on new opportunities while able to work up to 20 hours a week during normal business hours (day), onsite, on an as-needed basis.
You are a creative and curious freelance social media marketer who has the desire to be part of a growing industry category where you can change lives for good. You are a high energy, passionate professional with a positive can do attitude and seeking your next dream role. You have the desire to work with a high-performing global team to create social content from a wealth of wellness and business-related content topics that have wide appeal. In this role you will have access to industry thought leaders and have the opportunity to provide thoughtful thought leadership to the corporate wellbeing space.
You possess the talents necessary to develop and implement paid and non-paid social media activity, assist with short-form content creation, and provide top-of-funnel reporting regarding engagement of our targeted B2B audience.
You will wear many hats in this role but your focus and energy will be key in the following:
- Scan social media daily for relevant industry-related news and activity of partners/clients/competitors
- Engage appropriately with our current social media audience and proactively engage with target prospects, wellness influencers, Virgin Pulse clients and partners
- Develop witty and concise social media copy for paid and organic efforts
- Co-manage social media content strategy and proactively plan on a monthly/quarterly basis
- Schedule all social media updates and manage branding of Virgin Pulse pages
- Provide proactive recommendations regarding ad format, targeting, and platform-specific content
- Monitor paid ad results daily and make tweaks to targeting and spend as necessary based on campaign goals
- Provide topline monthly reporting to management team examining social media metrics and growth
- Build and track social campaigns in Hubspot and salesforce as well as social share of voice using TrendKite
- Create social media post recommendations for employees around major Virgin Pulse news and events
- Work with counterparts at other Virgin companies to amplify VP's social reach.
What you bring to the team.
In order to represent the best of what we have to offer you come to us with a multitude of positive attributes including:
- Bachelors degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing or related field
- 2-4 years of social media experience, particularly in the B2B or SAAS space
- You have a solid understanding of emerging paid social media technology such as Facebook lead ads, retargeting, custom audiences, and LinkedIn InMail
- Thoroughly comprehend how to be cheeky without being campy or cheesy
- You understand the latest algorithms, changes and major decisions that impact social media
- Analytical mindset and ability to identify patterns, trends
- You are appreciative of proper and have sound judgment regarding on-the-fly engagement
- Possess confidence with topline social media reporting and basic Google Analytics
- Ideally you have experience with HubSpot, salesforce and WordPress as well.
Why work here?
We believe a career should provide competitive pay and benefits, a collaborative and supportive work environment, strong employee culture and cutting-edge technology and services so many reasons to love it here.
*We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any protected class status.