Senior/Principal Software Developer
Senior/Principal Software Developer Agent & Partner (Range Posting)
This is a range posting and the description is posted as a Senior Software Developer. However, candidates will also be considered for more junior and senior roles: the actual grade for this role will depend on the candidates overall experience and skill level. Weare looking for a Software Engineer to join our Strategic Partnerships portfolio in our Agent & Partner organization. Our group builds new services to advance our capabilities for personal lines insurance partners, across property and auto lines of business. You will lead a team of amazing software developers by engineering and implementing new product features. You will implement features across existing Java based web services, Springboot based microservices, as well as new NodeJS apps across our cloud platforms.
As a Lead Developer on the team, you will work with your product team to develop software products from idea to production with the current hiring focused more on the service oriented side (SOAP/REST services). This is a fast-paced agileenvironment providing rapid delivery for our business partners, embracingiterating and changing priorities.You will take on building complex business logic and orchestrating the generation of new microservices that bring performance, security, and value to Liberty Mutual and our customers. You will keep an on eye on quality engineering practices and implementation, and be the mentor and champion for your team. Your work will positively and directly impact our customers' and partners online experience. Most importantly, you'll be engaged in meaningful work for a company that is committed to "helping people live safer, more secure lives," every day. What youll do:
- Be a technical leader & mentor for your team
- Collaborate with a product owner and an autonomous team of engineers to find comprehensive solutions
- Create libraries and tools which allow for scaling a large and distributed client development team
- Become a developer advocate improving technical communications with developers at Liberty Mutual and foster a deeper understanding to their problems and needs
- Help drive modernization efforts making use of current technologies and cloud-based microservices such as Node JS, Java Spring Boot, Docker, Cloud Forge, and AWS
- Collaborate with engineers, product owners, and business partners to iteratively create technical solutions that meet business and technical requirements.
- Possess a deep understanding of the product and business goals which you can translate into technology decisions
- Handle end-to-end development, including coding, testing, and debugging during each cycle
- Analyze technical system problems, and design and implement effective solutions
- Create applications using a server side framework
- Create and maintain technical documentation
- Be an appreciated, rockstar developer on a team with other amazing and talented individuals.
- You are able to think like a customer and drive business value
- You bring a growth oriented and agile mindset to your work
- You are well versed in diverse technologies and new technical architecture principles and concepts including extensive knowledge in microservices, layered systems architecture solutions and designs as well as shared software concepts
- You have knowledge and active pursuit of optimizing CI/CD process and tools, testing frameworks and practices
- You know how to write readable, maintainable, and performant code
- You are excited to mentor and grow members of your team
- You have a deep knowledge of software engineering best practices
- You have a great ability to learn, and you are eager to expand your areas of expertise
- You have a passion for supporting and enabling others to become more productive
- Generally have at least5+ years of professional experience
- You have extensive experience working hands-on as a Software Engineer in an agile environment
- You care about quality and you know what it means to ship high-quality code
- You have experience in identifying, debugging and resolving complex issues
- You identify and recommend appropriate continuous improvement opportunities
- You have strong collaboration and adaptability skills.
EOE Statement:Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace an environment that is free from all discrimination in the workplace, in its business, or by its vendors. Liberty Mutual values diversity and the differences and similarities of our employees. We foster a diverse and inclusive work environment that leads to better ideas, stronger teams and more innovative products and services for our customers. Learn More: