Tech at Liberty Mutual
At Liberty Mutual, technology isn't just a part of our business, it's what drives us forward. We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
The GRM US Product and Underwriting team is looking for a Senior Scrum Master that will be responsible for directing and optimizing the flow of value through the LM Auto Pricing Program, Omega 2. As a servant leader, you will coach leaders, teams and scrum masters on Lean-Agile practices, methodologies and mindset across 25+ teams and functions in GRM US. You must foster self-organization, self-management, and continuous improvement across all teams delivering within the program. You will enable scrum teams, and leaders to achieve PI goals and deliver quality, working software. You will ensure teams within the program have visibility into dependencies and managed risks. You are expected to be the Lean-Agile champion and change agent across the program celebrating wins and challenging all to fail-fast-improvement.
In this role you will:
- Collaborate with product and technology teams to ensure the product vision translates into a workable roadmap that is executable across the program.
- Publish Program Increment (PI) brief/debrief communications that outline the business value, objectives and goals targeted and achieved by the program.
- Oversee and ensure PI planning readiness: product vision & roadmap, architectural runway, backlogs, business value assessments, and event logistics. Executes PI planning sessions on cadence.
- Provide visibility into program health, progress and impediments through Lean information radiators.
- Manage, escalate, and drive resolution of program risks and dependencies with key stakeholders: product ownership, product leadership, scrum teams, system teams and program stakeholders.
- Drive program level data-driven continuous improvement through focused qualitative and quantitative retrospection.
- Coach and mentor the program and organizational Leaders on SAFe, Agile, Lean, Scrum practices, principles and mindsets to optimize output of valuable working software.
- Serve as chief Scrum Master to the program, namely to scrum masters, product and technical leaders. Able and willing to coach and support any member or stakeholder related to the program.
- Foster SAFe Communities of Practice to promote a culture of Lean Agile continuous and relentless improvement.
- Support and model Liberty Mutuals Core Capabilities and Behaviors as expressed in an Agile environment.
Bachelor degree in Communications, Business, Computer Science or a related discipline and at least 6 years of IT and project/program management and experience in agile software development including coaching on agile methodologies. Minimum of 8 years in a leadership position, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Requires solid coordination skills, ability to multitask and manage multiple teams in a cross-functional environment.
Requires strong communication, interpersonal, organizational and team building skills, business judgment, and proven expertise in directing the efforts of a technical staff. In-depth knowledge of business functions and understanding of business operations, strategies and objectives.
Scrum Master certification or equivalent certified professional preferred.
We take care of our employees
We strongly believe that a great job should keep you happy both at workand in life. Thats why we offer:
- Workplace Flexibility
- Wellness Perks
- Collaborative workspaces
- Sit/stand desks
- Career development, programs and classes
- Diversity & Inclusion programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Adoption Assistance
- College Savings Plan
- Education reimbursement
- Hackathon Events
For more info about our benefits
Learn more about Tech at Liberty Mutual
Check out our Tech at Liberty Mutual YouTube playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxUNmyJ_IIGx9yoUJfQ8k5APAK3-KAa6j
More Jobs From