Senior Cybersecurity Engineer
We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance. Our Cybersecurity Engineers form a diverse team of hands-on technical security professionals who are collectively responsible for designing, implementing, managing, and monitoring the overall security posture of the organization. They partner with teams across the company to continually optimize our security posture while maintaining a hyper-focus on the reliability and stability of our business environments.
In this role, you will work with cutting-edge security solutions that are located within Liberty Mutual physical data centers and cloud environments. You will have the opportunity to manage, develop, deploy, and support security solutions globally to include regional data centers, Liberty Mutual local offices, and cloud environments, including Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure. .
You will also have the opportunity to support security application development initiatives requiring innovation, automation, and integration. This customer focused role supports enterprise asset, perimeter, and vulnerability discovery services and products. This role will also support security incidents, service delivery, technology configuration and lifecycle, and technical security investigations and forensic collection.
You would be a senior member of an agile team that is focused on analysis, system design, documentation, testing, implementation and support for highly complex security operations and processes.
About the job:
- Develops and executes vulnerability discovery and identification techniques and strategies to provide visibility to vulnerabilities and weaknesses for the organization.
- Participates in providing awareness, contextualization, baseline priority, and report information and metrics on vulnerabilities for the organization.
- Assist in the assessment, prioritization, and tracking of vulnerability remediation.
- Assist in developing strategies to address critical and pervasive vulnerabilities and issues.
- Ensure effectiveness and facilitate remediation on control failures, and provide guidance, policy, and oversight of vulnerability management controls for the organization.
- Participates in enhancing the vulnerability management program through the development of new capabilities, visibility, automation, and efficiency & effectiveness improvements.
- Reviews the development, testing and implementation of security plans, products and control techniques. Consults with client and development area management and staff in the design and implementation of new or modified information security processes.
- Investigates and recommends appropriate corrective actions for information security incidents and is knowledgeable in forensic investigations, data recovery and the handling of digital evidence.
- Acts as a liaison to the product groups and assists them in the implementation of security technologies and applications security. Works in conjunction with technical counterparts to remediate audit and security findings.
- Performs related duties as assigned or requested.
Bachelors or Master's degree in technical discipline or equivalent experience.
Generally 5+ years of professional experience.
Industry cybersecurity and/or technology certifications are a plus..
- Requires analytical ability, strong judgment and problem analysis as well as a broad knowledge of business function(s), information technologies and Information Security best practices.
Working knowledge or familiarity with any of the following is a plus.
- git/BitBucket (revision control)
- proper dev/test/prod practices
- experience with modern coding languages
- experience working with REST APIs
- experiencing working with and manipulating data structures
- ideally experience with web frameworks (i.e. ruby on rails)
- Experience in Agile framework and methodologies
- Knowledgeable in risk assessment
- Knowledge of offensive security tactics and techniques
- Requires highly developed communication, negotiation, presentation and consensus building skills.
- Requires a thorough knowledge of business objectives, strategies and operations in order to provide technical expertise and support to in-house developers and to apply appropriate information security procedures and products.
Proficient in new and emerging technologies, IT concepts, strategies and methodologies, as well as security aspects of multiple platforms, operating systems, software, communications and network protocols.
Negotiation skills; oral and written communication skills.
Advanced consultative skills, including the ability to understand and assist in applying customer requirements.
Comfortable with agile working environments to include both scrum and kanban. Collaboration, prioritization, and adaptability skills required.
Intermediate proficiency of operational framework capabilities to include dimensional and lateral thinking, architectural analysis, business analysis and financial disciplines, security and compliance, data integration and analysis, and computational thinking.
We take care of our employees
We strongly believe that a great job should keep you happy both at workand in life. Thats why we offer:
Career development, programs and classes
Diversity & Inclusion programs
College Savings Plan
Liberty Mutual was named as a 2016 Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US.
For more info about our benefits - Benefits Information
Learn more about Tech at Liberty Mutual Search Our Jobs
Check out our Tech at Liberty Mutual YouTube playlist - Show me the Videos
More Jobs From