Tech at Liberty Mutual
At Liberty Mutual, technology isn't just a part of our business, it's what drives us forward. We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
This is a range posting. The actual internal level/grade for this role will depend on the candidates overall experience and skill level.
As a Scrum Master on the GRM US Information Management (IM) team, youll be part of an agile squad focused on developing data and analytics solutions for our Claims business partners. Our team focuses on new development, and we work in developing Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence (BI), Data Science/Advanced Analytics, Data Lake, and Cloud Technologies in an agile environment. The Scrum Master will be responsible for planning, coaching the team on agile best practices, team cohesion, managing logistical challenges, removing impediments, and helping the team to be successful. The Scrum Master must collaborate with Product Owners, other scrum masters, the team, technologists, architects, and other teams to define and drive solutions.
In this role you will:
- Oversee scrum process and coaches team on how best to use scrum and Agile practices.
- Manage interdependencies between agile teams.
- May lead more than one scrum team; moderate to high complexity projects.
- Lead daily scrums, sprint reviews, and planning meetings to ensure full team engagement.
- Work with the Product Owners to support short and long-term release planning, leadership visibility, appropriate prioritization, and to keep work backlog healthy and prepared for execution.
- Shield the teams from external interference to enable optimal functionality and productivity.
- Anticipate and address potential or actual impediments to team delivery (cultural barriers, logistic challenges).
- Bachelors Degree in Communications, Business, Computer Science, or related technical discipline
- Generally, 4+ years of relevant experience
- Strong knowledge of Agile principles and concepts (especially Scrum, Kanban)
- General knowledge of scaled agile (SAFe, LeSS)
- Depth in one or more data management areas such as Business Intelligence (BI), Data Science, Data Lake, Data Warehouse or Analytics preferred
- Working knowledge of Agile tools (Jira, Confluence)
- Displays strong communication, organizational, analytical, critical thinking, and team building skills. Advanced presentation, influencing, and relationship management skills.
- Proactive, consistently demonstrates initiative to take ownership of resolving issues and gaps
- Strong knowledge of IT concepts, strategies, methodologies, architectures and technical standards
- Thorough knowledge of business functions and extensive understanding of business operations, strategies and objectives.
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
Were dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
More Jobs From