Senior/Principal Configuration Engineer
We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
Corporate Finance Technology is seeking an SAP Functional Specialist to join the Financial Systems team. This group is responsible for implementing and managing financial systems and aligning them with the business needs of the Global Risk Solutions Strategic Business Unit worldwide. This role will provide you the opportunity to sharpen your technical, analytical and business skills. You will play an active role throughout the project lifecycle (e.g. solution analysis and development, programming, configuration, testing) while working on technology implementation projects to expand our current SAP footprint worldwide with S/4HANA Finance, HANA Views, Fiori, and Business Objects Analysis for Office.
This is a range posting and the description is posted as a Grade 17. However, candidates will be considered for Grades 16 and 17. The actual internal level/grade for this role will depend on the candidates overall experience and skill level.
About the job:
- Participate in solution design activities (e.g. requirements gathering, system analysis and design)
- Identify requirement gaps and provide design alternatives to maintain a high degree of quality
- Design the solution for a module, collaborating with other team members
- Lead a particular work stream, reviewing, and directing the work of more junior staff
- Configure solutions or processes to meet identified business requirements
- Participate in testing activities, troubleshooting any errors found in the solution configuration
- Ensure that the solution standard practices are utilized for all configuration and customization
- Provide insight and expertise into the solution configuration based on previous work experience
- Identify and recommend appropriate continuous improvement opportunities
- Play role in the deployment of solutions across sub-production and production environments
- Mentor new and more junior team members
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or equivalent educational or professional experience and/or qualifications relating to Finance and Accounting
- Minimum of five (5) years of development/configuration in SAP ECC 6.0 and S/4HANA Finance with the following expertise in three or more functional areas listed below
- S/4HANA Finance for Cash Management:
- Bank account management, electronic bank statement processing, bank statement monitor (S/4 and Fiori), BCM setup and maintenance, cash reporting, Fiori cash management applications
- Treasury and Risk Management
- Risk analyzers, Foreign currency risk management, Exposure management, Reporting
- Fixed Assets
- Depreciation areas, Depreciation methods, Asset class configuration
- Payment type configuration, payment medium workbench (DMEE), Business Partner/Vendor master data, Tax conditions/Tax types
- Preferred knowledge of expense management system integrated with SAP. Support bidirectional system to system changes that could impact business customers on reporting of financial data or business processes.
- S/4HANA Finance for Cash Management:
- Experience with Cloud based implementations of SAP HANA a strong plus
- Problem solving, trouble-shooting and analytical skills
- Strong technical skills including understanding of software development and configuration principles
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Self-taught and ability to learn quickly
- Technical writing skills
- Working skills of Microsoft applications of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Visio
- Functional business knowledge of Finance (e.g. general accounting, financial reporting, accounts receivable, accounts payable, fixed assets, cash management, etc.)
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, its our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
Were dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
More Jobs From