Product Owner l/Product Owner ll
Liberty Mutual Global Risk Solutions (GRS) Technology is actively searching for a Product Owner in the GRS Cloud team. GRS Technology provides support and operations for all global specialty lines including North American Specialty, National Insurance, Liberty Specialty Markets (LSM), and Liberty Mutual Surety (LMS) across 19 countries, through one unified Technology team.
This is a range posting. The actual internal level/grade for this role will depend on the candidates overall experience and skill level.
About the job:
The candidate will be part of a talented agile team working to support our business partners in a variety of functional areas in Cloud Services area to support global business and product segments within Global Risk Solutions. The candidate will work with a variety of agile teams to enable and deliver cloud services and cloud innovations. We manage a variety of cloud services for GRS, and this position will be supporting various technologies and applications. Working collaboratively with stakeholders, excellent communication and negotiating skills with various customers, strong ability to build relationships with various agile teams and lead the team in partnership with the scrum master.
The Product owner is responsible for articulating and translating the overall business vision into strategy and tactics for your user groups and product. You define and prioritize the product backlog, set quality standards for delivery, and represent the customer to the agile team. This role will operate at the intersection of Business, Customer Driven Design and Technology to deliver products that achieve business objectives and improve customer satisfaction as demonstrated by relevant KPI`s. Accountable for outcomes and key KPI`s tied directly to business objectives.
Provide support to the various Agile team by managing significant interdependencies with non-agile teams and providing resolution. Responsible for researching and defining external constraints on the team (e.g., regulatory and compliance approvals). May perform product owner tasks such as reviewing and writing user stories for products of lower risk and complexity. Participate in defining and prioritizing the product backlog related to feature-specific business objectives, so as to streamline the execution of program vision and priorities.
- Responsible for articulating and translating the product vision into feature(s) and tactics for a particular product.
- Communicate the product strategy effectively to key stakeholders and team members.
- Contributes to the creation of a clear channel strategy, product vision, and roadmaps with Senior Product Owner support.
- Responsible and accountable for assigned feature level key performance indicators (KPI`s) and manages features or product(s) with a medium degree of KPI, scope, complexity, etc. Defines minimum viable product (MVP) for products/features in scope. Owns scrum team backlog (grooming, prioritization and refinement).
- Helps key stakeholders to better understand the product vision with Sr. Product Owner support.
- Works day to day with the scrum teams clarifying business requirements, removing roadblocks, constantly communicating and gaining alignment around feature or product strategy.
- Has some knowledge of customer-driven design and usability test principles.
- Ensures delivery of scope, partners with delivery teams to ensure user stories are clear, partners with Sr Product Owner to align resources and remove barriers for team members and resolves open issues/questions quickly and efficiently.
- Acts as the `voice of the customer Analyzes feasibility, cost ramifications, economies, or other aspects of planned or potential programs.
- Sets the quality standard for delivery.
- Develops test plans (user story acceptance criteria), accepts each story and potentially features and participates in team demos and retrospectives to validate quality, provide feedback to team and improve team processes.
- Partners across functions as needed to coordinate delivery plans, testing, training and support.
- Manages delivery of scope, partners with delivery teams to ensure user stories are clear and resolves open issues/questions quickly and efficiently.
- Communicates the feature or product strategy effectively to key stakeholders and team members
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies and IT project management as typically acquired through a Bachelors` degree in relevant field (business, computer science, etc.) and a minimum of 5-7 years` experience in business, engineering, technology and/or consulting.
- Master`s degree preferred. Able to depict complex ideas, issues and designs to varied audiences; educate SBU/department(s) on business vision and plan and the impact of change.
- Ability to make difficult and quick decisions on a daily basis. Able to influence a diverse group of stakeholders-strong leadership skills. Strong problem solver with ability to lead the team to push the solution and progress
- Delivery experience with cloud services (AWS and/or Azure); containerization technologies such as Pivotal Cloud Foundry, and Docker
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines
- Experience working with Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, Lean Startup, XP) and cross-functional teams (Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Developers, Engineers)
- Ideally familiar with Design Thinking, Behavior and Test-Driven Development
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, its our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
Were dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
More Jobs From