Product Owner II/Sr Product Owner, IT Analytics & Emerging Tech
We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
This is a range posting. The actual internal level/grade for this role will depend on the candidate's overall experience and skill level.
The Global Risk Solutions Technology team is looking to hire a Product Owner for the Analytics & Emerging technology team to support our Data Science and Innovation business teams to deliver technology solutions utilizing the latest in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. The product owner will be working with various senior level actuarial stakeholders and helping prioritize and manage development of products ranging from Risk Based Pricing and submission triage web applications (React/Python) to Power BI dashboards, to data sourcing and predictive model deployments (R,Python), to mobile applications to intelligent data extraction APIs and interfaces. The Product Owner will also collaborate closely with the teams who are building our GRS Data Lake patterns and new Analytics Platforms in order to deliver the business solutions. The Product Owner defines and prioritizes the product backlog, sets quality standard for delivery, as well as representing the customer/end-user to the Agile team. This role is aligned to delivering and enabling the go-forward Data Science tools and patterns for GRS Data Scientists as well supporting broader access to Third Party data across GRS. This person will operate at the intersection of business, customer driven design and technology to deliver products that achieve business objectives and improve customer satisfaction as demonstrated by relevant KPI's.
- Be Responsible for articulating and continuing to evolve our Analytics and Emerging Technology Strategy & Roadmap working closely with the Director.
- Communicate the product strategy effectively to IT management and team members.
- Establish and Execute on Data Science and Innovation projects.
- Builds and manages the Analytics and Emerging technology backlog as identified by Directors, stakeholders and architecture.
- Responsible and accountable for assigned product level key performance indicators (KPIs) and manages product(s) with a medium-high degree of strategy, KPI, scope, complexity, etc.
- Defines minimum viable product (MVP). Owns product backlog (grooming, prioritization and refinement)
- Coordinates workload for 2-3 teams of 5-6 people (mix of FTE, on-shore, off-shore)
- Facilitates meetings with and manages dependencies on other IT teams: GRS Cloud, Security, Hosting, Networking, Cortex, CloudForge
- Identify and engage with IT Directors and stakeholders to establish Analytics working groups on topics such as AI/ML tools, Data Lake, self-service Analytics
- Leads team to define and conduct POCs on new AI/ML tools and technologies
- Enact best practices in audit and compliance for Analytics practices as applies to security reviews, PIA assessments, data obfuscation and masking, non-prod environment refreshes and data virtualization, and data governance.
- Foster self-service culture through initial and ongoing proactive tools and user training modules.
- Works day to day with the scrum teams clarifying business requirements, removing roadblocks, constantly communicating and gaining alignment around feature or product strategy.
- Ensures delivery of scope, partners with delivery teams to ensure user stories are clear, removes barriers for team members and resolves open issues/questions quickly and efficiently. Acts as the `voice of the customer.
- Analyzes feasibility, cost ramifications, economies, or other aspects of planned or potential programs.
- Sets the quality standard for delivery. Develops test plans (user story acceptance criteria), accepts each story and potentially features and participates in team demos and retrospectives to validate quality, provide feedback to team and improve team processes.
- Partners across functions as needed to coordinate delivery plans, testing, training and support.
- Leads problem resolution as needed to ensure that internal and external customers receive prompt, efficient service.
- Communicates the feature or product strategy effectively to key stakeholders and team members.
- Incorporates stakeholder input into product roadmap while effectively negotiating tradeoffs of conflicting priorities based on value to the business and customer.
This role might be for you if you have:
- Bachelors degree in relevant field (business, analytics, computer science, etc.)
- 2+ years experience working in a scaled agile environment as a product owner.
- 3+ years experience in AI/ML techniques and processes
- 2+ years experience in Cloud based technologies & architecture (AWS preferred)
- A minimum of 5 years experience in engineering, technology and/or consulting.
- Ability to make difficult and quick decisions on a daily basis. Ability to influence a diverse group of stakeholders strong leadership skills.
- Problem solver with ability to lead the team to push the solution and progress. Experimental mindset to drive innovation amidst uncertainty
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO)
- Client-service background with excellent interpersonal, presentation/facilitation, and written communication skills; and the ability to cast a wide influence including outside of immediate line of reporting.
- Experience using Atlassian Jira
Experience with the following would be a plus
- Masters degree in relevant field (analytics, computer science, etc.)
- Knowledge of Data Science languages and processes: R, Python, SAS
- Knowledge of Data Warehousing: ETL, Teradata, Redshift
- Knowledge of core development practices, dev ops model and Agile framework
- Basic or Advanced knowledge of Actuarial science
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, its our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
Were dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
More Jobs From