Principal Software Engineer Global Cybersecurity - Application Access Technologies
We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Right now, we have an opportunity for a Principal Software Engineer to join our Global Information Security Development and Delivery team to develop Next Generation Identity Services.
As Liberty Mutual continues to strengthen its leadership position in the Industry, we have launched new programs to advance our customer focused cutting edge technology to increase our competitive advantage.
About the job:
As a hands on Principal Software Engineer in Global Cybersecurity you will have a crucial role in this transformation. Working on a security scrum team, the successful candidate will evaluate and, as necessary, build out and innovate on our Identity controls that help strengthen our cybersecurity posture.
In this role you would be responsible for providing technology leadership and oversight on specifications, development and implementation of information security solutions, specifically on Identity Solutions including Single Sign On / SSO, Multifactor Authentication / MFA. We are also modernizing legacy solutions to more modern technology such at Azure AD to minimize risk and improve user experience. The scope of these solutions crosses both employee and customer user groups ranging from 50,000 to 14,000,000 identities.
Design, Develop and configure Identity Solutions with Single Sign On / SSO, Multifactor Authentication / MFA
- Participate in unit test case development and Develops highly complex test scripts
- Conduct impact analysis and/or threat models
- Support the production support transition and implementation phases; responsible for overall success of the project.
- Work within project team to develop iterative development that delivers a high quality product.
- Support interactions with customers and development team to gather and define requirements.
- Develops and leads the production of support documentation.
- Leads quality assurance architecture and design guide review; defects or discrepancies in requirements identified and resolved with appropriate partners.
- Plan work out appropriately, effectively communicates and responds to escalations/inquiries.
- Identify and implements appropriate continuous improvement opportunities
- Responsible for system analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging, and documentation.
- Responsible for quality assurance review.
- May provide mentorship to new developers and team.
- Experience with Development and Automation tools including: SpringBoot, Java, HTML, PowerShell, Bamboo, Jenkins, and Splunk.
- Experience with Active Directory, LDAP, or Cloud Directory Services (PING, Siteminder Azure or AWS)
- Understanding of Authentication Patterns: SAML, WSFed, Oauth, OIDC, WAM
- Common Cloud Services (AWS, Azure, S3, Google Cloud)
- Experience in developing and using Source Code Version Control Systems like Git or Subversion, including branching, merging, and managing code releases/versions.
- Developing end to end applications in a fully scaled Agile environment, including JIRA and SAFe
Bachelor's or degree in technical discipline or equivalent experience, technical degree preferred.
Generally 8+ years of professional experience.
Highly proficient in software engineering languages and tools; ability to develop on multiple platforms.
Strong negotiation, facilitation and consensus building skills.
Strong oral and written communication skills; presentation skills.
Extensive knowledge of the following: IT concepts, strategies, methodologies.
Versed in diverse technologies and new technical architecture principles and concepts. Extensive knowledge in layered systems architectures solutions and designs and shared software concepts.
Business function(s) and I/T industry business issues; extensive knowledge of business operations, strategies and objectives. Strong in multiple programming languages and tools.
Extensive understanding of agile software development concepts and processes.
Must be proactive, demonstrate initiative and be a logical thinker.
Extensive consultative skills, including the ability to understand and apply customer requirements, including drawing out unforeseen implications and making recommendations for design, the ability to define design reasoning, understanding potential impacts of design requirements.
Extensive understanding of backlog tracking, burndown metrics, and incremental delivery.
Strong collaboration, prioritization, and adaptability skills required.
We strongly believe that a great job should keep you happy both at workand in life. Thats why we offer:
Career development, programs and classes
Diversity & Inclusion programs
College Savings Plan
Liberty Mutual was named as a 2016 Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US.
For more info about our benefits - Benefits Information
Learn more about Tech at Liberty Mutual Search Our Jobs
Check out our Tech at Liberty Mutual YouTube playlist - Show me the Videos
More Jobs From