Agency and Partnerships is seeking an experienced Principal Software Engineer to join our agile squad focused on supporting a growing multi-million-dollar revenue stream through Strategic Partnerships. In this role you will be part of a team delivering new and innovative solutions to automate business processes while ensuring a stable and healthy client management technology platform.
Youll be responsible for system analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging, and documentation within our Affinity Relationship Management System (ARMS). ARMS is a suite of Liberty Mutual technology products, including proprietary applications and some which are built on the Salesforce.com platform.
This role can be based in Dover, NH, or Indianapolis, IN and sits within the Global Retail Markets (GRM) U.S. Technology organization.
In this role you will:
- Develop maintainable/scalable, effective, defect free source code that meets business requirements and team standards
- Conduct unit test case development Develops highly complex test scripts
- Conduct impact analysis Develops component design Develops system/application architecture
- Support the production support transition and implementation phases responsible for overall success of the project.
- Work within project team to lead iterative development that delivers a high-quality product.
- Support interactions with customers and development team to gather and define requirements.
- Develop and lead the production of support documentation.
- Lead functional/system integration testing support.
- Lead quality assurance architecture and design guide review defects or discrepancies in requirements identified and resolved with appropriate partners.
- Plan work out appropriately, effectively communicating and responding to escalations/inquiries.
- Develop Build and Deployment guide.
- Identify and implement appropriate continuous improvement opportunities.
- Complete other project work or tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- 8+ years of professional experience.
- Highly proficient in multiple Object-Oriented programming languages and tools; ability to develop on multiple platforms.
- Strong negotiation, facilitation and consensus building skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; presentation skills
- Extensive knowledge of the following: IT concepts, strategies, methodologies. Versed in diverse technologies and new technical architecture principles and concepts.
- Experienced in layered systems architectures solutions, designs and shared software concepts.
- Extensive understanding of agile software development concepts and processes.
- Must be proactive, demonstrate initiative and be a logical thinker.
- Extensive consultative skills, including the ability to understand and apply customer requirements, including drawing out unforeseen implications and making recommendations for design, the ability to define design reasoning, understanding potential impacts of design requirements.
- Extensive understanding of backlog tracking, burndown metrics, and incremental delivery. Strong collaboration, prioritization, and adaptability skills required.
- Experience with Salesforce is preferred and not required
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, its our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
Were dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
More Jobs From