Manager, People & Culture (HR Manager)
Who is Virgin Pulse?
Virgin Pulse, founded as part of Sir Richard Bransons famed Virgin Group, helps organizations build employee health and wellbeing into the DNA of their corporate cultures. As the only company to deliver a powerful, mobile-first digital platform infused with live services, including coaching and biometric screenings, Virgin Pulses takes a high-tech-meets-high-touch-approach to engage employees in improving across all aspects of their health and wellbeing, every day from prevention and building a healthy lifestyle to condition and disease management to condition reversal, all while engaging users daily in building and sustaining healthy habits and behaviors. A global leader in health and wellbeing, Virgin Pulse is committed to helping change lives and businesses around the world for good so that people and organizations can thrive, together. Today, more than 3100 organizations across the globe are using Virgin Pulses solutions to improve health, employee wellbeing and engagement, reduce costs and create strong workplace cultures.
Who are our employees?
At Virgin Pulse were passionate about changing lives for good. We want to make a difference in the world by helping peoplebe healthy so they can perform at their best, every day, at work and home. Our award-winning solutions support leading employers in improving and simplifying the employee health and wellbeing journey and engaging people in all aspects of their health. But our world-class products and programs are nothing without our people the employees who design, build, promote, sell, test and perfect the latest innovations in workplace health and wellbeing. Our people are our top priority and we invest in their health and happiness. At Virgin Pulse, we have so much more than a strong, supportive company culture have a shared vision for a healthier, happier world.
Who you are.
You are a knowledgeable, supportive HR Manager. Reporting to our DirectorPeople & Culture, you will execute and enhance a variety of Human Resources responsibilities in support of the overall goals and objectives of the department. As our new Manager, People & Culture you will be a responsible resource on all HR matters; providing guidance, assistance and support to employees and management alike while helping to boost and cultivate a dynamic company culture.
In addition to the above you will also be accountable for the following functional areas: benefits administration, payroll, employee relations, training, performance management, policy implementation, affirmative action and employment law compliance. .
In the role of Manager, People and Culture for RedBrick Health you will wear many hats but your focus will be crucial in the following:
- Oversee theworkof Human Resources direct reports; encourage the ongoing development of the Human Resources team.
- Supervise and provide backup for the payroll function
- Oversee the implementation of Human Resources programs through Human Resources team. Monitor administration of established standards and procedures while identifying opportunities for improvement and resolving any discrepancies.
- Manage and support the compensation and benefits strategy for our International team members.
- Oversee management and maintenance of the HRIS system.
- Prepare and analyzes reports necessary to carry out the functions of the department and company. Preparation of periodic reports for management team, as necessary/requested.
- Assist with continuous study of Human Resources policies, programs, and practices to keep management informed of new developments.
- Assist with the implementation and administration of HR programs, policies, processes and procedures with an emphasis on quality while striving for continuous improvement and high engagement.
- Formulate and recommend Human Resource policies and objectives for the company with regard to employee relations and partner with management to communicate HR policies, procedures, programs and laws.
- Improve manager and employee performance by identifying and clarifying areas for improvement while evaluating potential solutions and implementing agreed upon solutions through coaching and counseling.
- Determine and recommend employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level ofmoraleand motivation.
- Conduct investigations when employee complaints or concerns are brought forth.
- Develop human resources solutions by collecting and analyzing information and recommending course of action.
- Monitor and advise managers and supervisors in theprogressive discipline systemof the company; monitor the implementation of a performance improvement process (PIP) as necessary.
- Assist with strategy and completion of compensation administration (promotions, market adjustments, salary surveys, annual merit process, bonuses, etc.)
- Review, guide, and take care to consider and/or approve management recommendations foremployee terminations.
- Facilities administration and other relative projects as necessary.
What you bring to the team.
In order to represent the best of what RedBrick Health and Virgin Pulse have to offer you will come to us with a multitude of positive attributes including:
- A Bachelors degree and at least 5-7 years of relevant HR experience
- Extensive knowledge of employment best practices relative to employment law, performance management and employee engagement.
- You possess the capacity to work comfortably and communicate effectively with all levels within the organization
- Excellent communication skills, initiative, judgment and discretion
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Must include Excel and demonstrated skills in database management and record keeping.
- Experience in a Technology/SaaS driven company
- Experience with Ultimate Software or JobVite is a plus!
Why work here?
We believe a career should provide competitive pay and benefits, a collaborative and supportive work environment, strong employee culture and cutting-edge technology and services so many reasons to love it here.
*We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any protected class status.