Tech at Liberty Mutual
At Liberty Mutual, technology isn't just a part of our business, it's what drives us forward. We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
Information Management is looking for a top software engineering manager who wants to support and lead 3-4 agile engineering squads delivering data platforms and solutions supporting Global Retail Markets Data Transformation imperative. As a Manager in Data Platforms Engineering you will be responsible for the delivery of data lake, data warehouse, data science, and management platforms, partnering with the Data Office in executing the markets strategic data transformation vision. You will also work with Product Owners, Architects, and stakeholders to ensure that our go-forward technology choices, both in the cloud and on premises, are delivering value and are secure, stable, and reliable. This role will report to the Director of Data Platform Engineering within the GRM U.S. Technology Information Management organization.
In this role you will:
- Establish a high trust partnership with the data office, business functions, and other IT groups.
Manage up to twenty developers & technologists in co-located teams in New Hampshire, Boston, and Seattle.
- Retain and improve the engineering skills needed to deliver our technology roadmap and establish practices for delivering engineering excellence.
- Lead agile delivery, and together with aligned Scrum Masters and Product Owners, develop self-directed, innovative, and high performing agile teams.
- Develop and communicate unit vision, strategies, critical success factors
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in technical or business discipline or related experience with 5+ years relevant work experience required.
- Excellent analytical ability, consultative, communication, presentation and management skills, strong judgment and ability to work effectively with clients, IT management and staff.
- Strong negotiation, facilitation and consensus building skills; In-depth knowledge of project planning methodologies and tools and IT standards and guidelines; knowledge of management concepts, practices and techniques.
- In-depth knowledge of IT concepts, strategies, and methodologies; thorough knowledge of business functions and operations, objectives and strategies
- 5+ years hands-on experience developing data lake, data warehouse and/or analytic solutions.
- 4+ years of people leadership experience with direct accountability for managing employees
- Engineering leadership role in the delivery of a cloud-based data platform.
- Experience in data science, machine learning, and advanced analytic tools
- Experience leading teams of 10+ software developers in an agile development environment
- Experience leading development teams through re-platform or modernization efforts
We take care of our employees
We strongly believe that a great job should keep you happy both at workand in life. Thats why we offer:
- Workplace Flexibility
- Wellness Perks
- Collaborative workspaces
- Sit/stand desks
- Career development, programs and classes
- Diversity & Inclusion programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Adoption Assistance
- College Savings Plan
- Education reimbursement
- Hackathon Events
For more info about our benefits
Learn more about Tech at Liberty Mutual
Check out our Tech at Liberty Mutual YouTube playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxUNmyJ_IIGx9yoUJfQ8k5APAK3-KAa6j
More Jobs From