As an endeavor of Liberty Mutual, Workgrid Software is changing the way enterprise software is built. Our mission is to create beautiful purpose-built software that focuses on improving the employee experience. At Workgrid, we believe employees should be productive, not busy! The amount of systems in today's business environment is overwhelming the workforce. Employees are overloaded with information, spending hours checking and balancing their work, finding information, and taking action on menial tasks. This is causing significant communication and efficiency issues in the workplace and is something Workgrid is solving.
Workgrid is seeking a Manager of Engineering to build, scale, and lead one of our growing engineering teams. In this position, you will both develop engineers on our product teams as well hire engineers for new teams as we continue to scale and grow. The Workgrid Platform is a highly scalable and global platform running on AWS which includes backend, web, and mobile engineers. This position will be working with the Workgrid Director of Engineering.
- Engineering Vision: Develop an engineering vision and strategy to build collaborative and high-performing software development teams. Understand industry trends in software development and where Workgrid should be headed.
- Security: Work with our security architects and engineers to ensure security is at the forefront of everything we do.
- Quality: Develop strategies to ensure software quality practices are consistently embedded across each of our engineering teams. You promote high standards in quality.
- Coaching and Mentorship: Lead and coach our engineering managers and engineers. Work with engineering teams to build and grow their capabilities, skills, and see opportunities for engineers to develop their careers at Workgrid. In this role you will both have engineers that report to you as well as engineering managers.
- Team Development: Defines team member objectives, performance targets and development plans, and ensures alignment with project and organization objectives.
- Hiring & Recruiting: Working with our Talent / HR team, develop hiring, interview, and recruitment plans to build a pipeline of talented software engineers.
- Collaboration: Represent the engineering team across the Workgrid organization. In this role, you will collaborate frequently with our product management team.
- Team Morale and Climate: Ensure the engineering organization is empowered, excited, and growing in their careers.
- Operations: At Workgrid, our product engineering teams follow a you build it, you own it mindset. You would be responsible technical operations of the plan, in addition to building the platform.
- Process: In this role you will be responsible for ensuring the engine of engineering is finely tuned and highly performing.
- Youve been responsible leading engineering teams, supporting enterprise platforms at scale
- You foster a collaborative, inclusive teams in which people are empowered to do the best of their careers
- You have significant experience working in a fast paced agile environment
- You are a compelling and clear communicator, able to represent and communicate your message across technical and non-technical teams
- You have 5+ years in an engineering management role
- The commitment to work in a fast-moving technology startup
- An eagerness to learn and grow
- Experience leading distributed teams across multiple time zones
- Experience working with enterprise integrations and working with quality / test automation engineers
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
Were dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
More Jobs From