We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
The Global Finance Technology team is looking to add Manager, Engineering to their team. This associate will manages staff and provides technical guidance related to software development and related projects and/or a portfolio of applications. May oversee the development, implementation and execution of project plans for product maintenance, enhancements and vendor releases; ensure scope and schedule are established for projects and assignments. Oversees operating plan and resource allocation for the unit, including prioritization and staff deployment. Ensures team adheres to applicable department and enterprise policies and processes. Manages teams which are generally each composed of 6-14 people.
About the job:
- Manages an application, software development unit and/or portfolio of applications and ensures system, technical and product architectures are aligned with business objectives.
- Ensures application or portfolio of applications are enhanced and maintained to meet business functional need and vendor product maintenance remains current.
- Oversees the development, implementation and execution of project plans; ensures scope and schedule are established for projects and assignments.
- Works with customers and technical staff to ensure service level agreements are met, problems are resolved in a timely manner, application enhancements are completed and process and technical improvements are identified and implemented to improve overall operational efficiency.
- Hires and manages individual contributors; coaches and counsels team members. Defines individual performance objectives and development plans and ensures alignment with organizational objectives. Appraises and evaluates team and individual performance and makes compensation recommendations. Facilitates or provides mentoring experiences.
- Responsible for unit's workforce and talent management plans, including skills forecasting, staff development, training and succession planning.
- May establishes financial plan for the application, portfolio or overall unit and manages to plan
- Initiates and fosters collaborative partnerships with current and potential clients, IT and business managers, vendors and IT executives; develops relationships that support increasing efficiency and effectiveness.
- May lead efforts to evaluate, select and implement new technologies to enhance application, until or portfolio.
- Participates in the development of business and/or IT vision, strategies, critical success factors and operating plans for application, unit or portfolio.
Bachelors or Masters Degree in technical or business discipline or related experience required.
- Minimum 5+ years and typically eight or more years of experience with 3 years in a leadership role preferred.
- Requires excellent analytical ability, consultative, communication, presentation and management skills, strong judgment and ability to work effectively with clients, IT management and staff.
- Requires strong negotiation, facilitation and consensus building skills; In-depth knowledge of project planning methodologies and tools and IT standards and guidelines; knowledge of management concepts, practices and techniques.
- In-depth knowledge of IT concepts, strategies, and methodologies; thorough knowledge of business functions and operations, objectives and strategies.
We take care of our employees
We strongly believe that a great job should keep you happy both at workand in life. Thats why we offer:
Career development, programs and classes
Diversity & Inclusion programs
College Savings Plan
Liberty Mutual was named as a 2016 Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US.
For more info about our benefits -
Learn more about Tech at Liberty Mutual - http://www.jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/careers/technology-jobs
Check out our Tech at Liberty Mutual YouTube playlist - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxUNmyJ_IIGx9yoUJfQ8k5APAK3-KAa6j
More Jobs From