Tech at Liberty
At Liberty Mutual, technology isn't just a part of our business, it's what drives us forward. We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
We are seeking an experienced Manager, Engineering for Global Retail Markets US IT Application Technology Services. The candidate will provide leadership to Agile squads that are focused on building the next generation of DevOps solutions. In this role you will manage and coach the squad while providing technical guidance and support for an agile software development lifecycle. You will oversee the design, development and implementation of mission critical initiatives as well as the operating plan and squad member allocation for the group. You will ensure the squad adheres to applicable department and enterprise policies and processes managing squads which are generally composed of 6-14 people. The candidate will manage Infrastructure Developers and System Administrators that are using cutting edge technologies to deliver business value and enabling rapid new business growth.
In this role you will:
- Establish and foster high trust collaborative partnerships with Application Development teams and other IT groups; building relationships that support increasing efficiency and effectiveness.
- Provide mission critical engineering enablement to application teams, allowing them to create and deploy new applications while taking advantage of open source enterprise-class capabilities.
- Manage staff in New Hampshire and remotely.
- Hire, retain and improve the engineering skills needed to deliver our technology roadmap and establish practices for delivering engineering excellence.
- Lead agile delivery, and together with aligned Scrum Masters and Technology Product Owners, develop self-directed, innovative, and high performing agile squads.
- Develop and communicate unit vision, strategies, and critical success factors.
- Manage a portfolio of applications and ensures system, technical and product architectures are aligned with business objectives.
- Management of the application life cycle and tech debt reduction.
- Oversee the development, implementation and execution of projects; ensuring scope, schedule, and budget are established and met.
- Work with customers and technical staff to ensure service level agreements are met, problems are resolved in a timely manner, application enhancements are complete and process and technical improvements are identified and implemented to improve overall operational efficiency.
- Hire and manage individual contributors; coach and counsel team members. Define individual performance objectives and development plans and ensure alignment with organizational objectives. Appraise and evaluates squad and individual performance and makes compensation recommendations. Facilitate or provides mentoring experiences.
- Responsible for unit's workforce and talent management plans, including skills forecasting, staff development, training and succession planning.
- Anticipate and manage technology evolution and relate it to business solutions.
- Participate in the development of IT vision, strategies, critical success factors and operating plans for portfolio.
- Foster squad adoption of SDLC best practices and engineering excellence.
- Evangelize a culture of innovation by leveraging industry insights, analytics and operational metrics.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Generally, 5-7 years related experience with 2+ years in a leadership role with direct accountability for managing employees.
- Requires excellent analytical ability, consultative, communication, presentation and management skills, strong judgment and ability to work effectively with clients, IT management and staff.
- Requires strong negotiation, facilitation and consensus building skills;
- In-depth knowledge of software development best practices and lean/agile methodologies.
- In-depth knowledge of business operations, objectives and strategies.
- Advanced knowledge of management concepts, practices and techniques.
- Experience working in an agile software development environment.
- Ability to manage administratively aligned and cross-functional squads.
- Naturally inquisitive with a customer-centric mindset.
We take care of our employees
We strongly believe that a great job should keep you happy both at workand in life. Thats why we offer:
- Workplace Flexibility
- Wellness Perks
- Collaborative workspaces
- Sit/stand desks
- Career development, programs and classes
- Diversity & Inclusion programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Adoption Assistance
- College Savings Plan
- Education reimbursement
- Hackathon Events
For more info about our benefits
Learn more about Tech at Liberty Mutual
Check out our Tech at Liberty Mutual YouTube playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxUNmyJ_IIGx9yoUJfQ8k5APAK3-KAa6j
More Jobs From