Manager, Cybersecurity - GCS Cyber Risk Assurance
Global Cybersecurity is actively searching for a Cybersecurity Manager. In this position, you will manage a team of risk specialists, responsible for the assessment of the cloud and traditional infrastructure and applications across all global business units. The manager will contribute to the overall cyber risk management strategy, oversee resource allocation for the team, including project prioritization and staff deployment. Initiates process improvement activities, which enhance overall effectiveness, proactively seeks ways to improve human resource and other management processes. Depicts highly complex ideas and issues to diverse audiences.
- Hires and manages a team of risk specialists; coaches, counsels and develops team members. Defines individual performance objectives and development plans and ensures alignment with organizational objectives. Evaluates team and individual performance and makes compensation recommendations.
- Keep IT Management informed of security issues by reporting performance metrics.
- Play a significant role in long-term cyber risk management strategy and planning
- Supports risk valuation models and tooling.
- Determine significant risk points and exercise process for risk assessment and risk acceptance.
- Participates in the establishment of the firm's information security policy and standards.
- Provides technical expertise and leadership to partners, IT management and other infrastructure staff in risk assessments, implementation and operational aspects of appropriate information security procedures and products.
- Maintains an awareness of existing and proposed security standard setting groups, State and Federal legislation and regulations and how they will affect the LMI environment, and proposes changes in company wide security policies when necessary.
- Confer and collaborate with internal departments that provide cyber risk management services to ensure that appropriate process and procedures are utilized, operating properly, and being monitored and reported.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in technical or business discipline or related experience, and a minimum of 8 years related experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience developing and providing effective and professional presentations to all levels
- Current CISSP, CRISC, CISA, GIAC or equivalent certification preferred.
- Strong understanding of mitigating security controls (i.e., anti-virus, IPS/IDS, email filtering, web site blocking, patching) and how they work in an overall defense in depth risk assessment methodology.
- Understanding of network infrastructure, including firewalls, web proxy and/or email architecture- particularly as they apply in a mitigating control functionality
- Familiarity with secure coding best practices.
- Understanding of back-channels and obfuscation techniques typically used by actors for malicious activity
- Understanding of nation and non-nation state actors, hactivist groups, advanced threats and the "kill chain" methodology.
- Understanding of one or more Technology Platforms (Windows, Linux, Mainframe, Middleware Applications, Database Applications)- specifically as they apply to successful security control mitigation and particularly to vulnerability management
- Knowledge of cyber security standard frameworks such as ISO and NIST.
- Excellent people management skills; good technical and trouble shooting ability; ability to work in a high stress environment; ability to interact with staff, peers and customers on a technical and professional level; a thorough understanding of customer service related performance metrics.
We take care of our employees
We strongly believe that a great job should keep you happy both at workand in life. Thats why we offer:
- Workplace Flexibility
- Wellness Perks
- Collaborative workspaces
- Sit/stand desks
- Career development, programs and classes
- Diversity & Inclusion programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Adoption Assistance
- College Savings Plan
- Education reimbursement
- Hackathon Events
Liberty Mutual was named as a 2016 Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US.
More Jobs From