Turbonomic is seeking a highly technical engineering manager or technical lead to lead a development team and ongoing deliverables. You will be very hands-on, designing and developing high quality software, identifying and implementing functional and non-functional technical requirements and leading the complex aspects of implementation. You will foster a challenging and exciting engineering culture while managing the day to day operations of the team. You will also help drive the continuous improvement of engineering processes and the quality of features delivered by the team. As an engineering manager, you will be accountable for the engineering teams performance and quality.
By 2020, 83% of enterprise workloads will be in the cloud. This transformation introduces an ever-increasing set of complex tradeoffs for IT staff, such as whether to place workloads on-premises or public cloud, when and how to scale up or scale out workloads, and what resources to allocate without overprovisioning. To de-risk this transformation, IT organizations are turning to self-managing and real-time workloads. With 10+ patents on our technology, Turbonomic is the only platform that enables enterprises to prepare their businesses for the cloud and answers the most complex IT challenges they face.
Were the leader in workload automation for hybrid cloud and transforming the way IT operates. We want the brightest and most driven individuals who are looking to steer the future of technology. If you thrive in a team-based environment where intellectual curiosity and willingness to go the extra mile without giving up are in your DNA, we want to hear from you!
What you'll do:
- Use your knowledge to develop creative solutions to critical issues and complex design problems
- Exercise considerable judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria to resolve issues
- Work closely with Product Management and customers to understand and identify product gaps and translate requirements into technical specifications.
- Lead a team of developers on critical projects/technology initiatives
- Lead the design and development of software features and product architecture.
- Oversee development, testing, and debugging of major software development projects
- Mentor new and junior team members.
- Drive process, documentation and tools for onboarding, installations and maintenance as it relates to software development of the Turbonomic product.
- Develop, test and validate that software-based solutions meet performance, usability, scalability, reliability and security needs
What you'll bring:
- Proven experience designing and developing complex software
- Extensive programming experience with Java and/or C++.
- Experience managing complex technical projects and delivering products to market on schedule with high quality
- Ability to triage scrum team issues based on priority, impact, risk and release timing
- Ability to facilitate cross-disciplinary collaboration and communication
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding time management skills and attention to detail
- Experience with AWS, Azure, Google Cloud technologies a plus.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Engineering; advanced degree preferred
- Minimum of 8 years working within software engineering and/or architecture disciplines including high performance, scalable software solutions distributed across multiple, heterogeneous platforms
- 5+ years of technology related industry experience
- 2+ years of directly leading and managing technical teams.
- Experience with agile methodologies
Benefits & Perks:
Health, dental and vision coverage health is a #1 priority here also, eat your fruit!
Career advancement jump in, make an impact and shape your career
Unlimited Paid Time Off visit mom, see a doctor or travel the world must take pictures
Pre-tax benefits:Medical, Dependent Care, Commuter, 401k
Access to executives no doors are closed, collaborate with them and make friends
Beer Fridays, unlimited snacks, cold brew coffee physiological needs, check.
Game rooms play a round of billiards, ping pong or game on Xbox
Turbonomic delivers enterprise organizations with automation software that enables on-premises and public cloud to self-manage in real-time, thereby assuring performance while lowering cost and maintaining compliance with business policies. The Turbonomic platform matches workload demand to infrastructure supply, helping customers maintain a continuous state of application health. Serving customers since 2010, Boston-based Turbonomic is one of the fastest growing technology companies, trusted by thousands of enterprise organizations to activate their hybrid cloud journey. Turbonomic was recently named a Forbes Cloud 100 Company, a CRN Tech Innovator of the Year in 2017 and #1 Cloud Management Platform by IT Central Station. Come make an impact with us.