Minneapolis, Providence or Framingham
Who is Virgin Pulse?
Virgin Pulse, founded as part of Sir Richard Bransons famed Virgin Group, helps organizations build employee health and wellbeing into the DNA of their corporate cultures. As the only company to deliver a powerful, mobile-first digital platform infused with live services, including coaching and biometric screenings, Virgin Pulses takes a high-tech-meets-high-touch-approach to engage employees in improving across all aspects of their health and wellbeing, every day from prevention and building a healthy lifestyle to condition and disease management to condition reversal, all while engaging users daily in building and sustaining healthy habits and behaviors. A global leader in health and wellbeing, Virgin Pulse is committed to helping change lives and businesses around the world for good so that people and organizations can thrive, together. Today, more than 3100 organizations across the globe are using Virgin Pulses solutions to improve health, employee wellbeing and engagement, reduce costs and create strong workplace cultures.
Who are our employees?
At Virgin Pulse were passionate about changing lives for good. We want to make a difference in the world by helping peoplebe healthy so they can perform at their best, every day, at work and home. Our award-winning solutions support leading employers in improving and simplifying the employee health and wellbeing journey and engaging people in all aspects of their health. But our world-class products and programs are nothing without our people the employees who design, build, promote, sell, test and perfect the latest innovations in workplace health and wellbeing. Our people are our top priority and we invest in their health and happiness. At Virgin Pulse, we have so much more than a strong, supportive company culturehave a shared vision for a healthier, happier world.
Who you are.
You arean experienced Data Scientistwho is capable of providingsupporttoourorganizations efforts to maintain an innovative leadership position in the employee engagement SaaS industry. The Data Scientist accesses datasets from various sources, conducts analysis, and presents the findings of each analytic and reporting project. The incumbent will be able to interpret the findings and clearly communicate results and recommendations to internal and external customers.Moreover, you are a professionalwho is self-directed and thrives working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, in which expectations are high both for the quality and speed of work.
In the role of a Data Scientistyou will wear many hats and your skills will be crucial in the following:
- Write SQL, R, Python programs to access, clean, and transform required data prior to analysis and reporting
- Consult to and collaborate with analytics and client reporting team members to ensure appropriate data is analyzed and that results are provided in a format consistent with standard and customized client reporting services
- Troubleshoot and performdataaudits to ensure and improvedataintegrity; investigate and resolvedata discrepancies
- Plan and manage data analytic and reporting process to ensure the projects remain on schedule
- Conduct ad hoc analysis as required using varied analytical tools and techniques
- Support Client Success, sales and Marketing staff with direct communication with Virgin Pulse clients and prospects regarding the results of the analysis
- Achieve annual Key Performance Indicator objectives, which can include report volumes and scope, internal and external client satisfaction, introducing new areas of data and analysis, and influencing company product and process decisions
What you bring to the team.
In order to represent the best of what we have to offer, you come to us with a multitude of positive attributes including:
- A bachelors degree in statistics, computer science, economics, or related field; Masters degree is a plus
- A minimum of four years of work experience in a similar position
- Experience with data and analytic programming languages such as SQL, R, Python
- Experience with data visualization tools and techniques preferred
- Experience with producing and delivering results using varied media (i.e., multiple MS office formats, dashboards/visualization tools, and potentially other formats)
- Experience in employee health management/health engagement industry preferred
In addition, you possess the following additional competencies and characteristics:
- Strong analytical skills, with an emphasis on quantitative analysis, descriptive and inferential statistics
- Expertise in statistical analytical software, or the ability to learn through prior experience tools such as SAS, Stata, R, SPSS or similar statistical software
- Strong consulting, communication and presentation skills
- Advanced R, SQL and database programming skills, experience with MS SQL Server,RedShift, Postgres, and Cassandra/NOSQL databases
- Experience working with large-scale datasets and multiple projects simultaneously
- Creative energy, self-starter, works equally well independently and collaboratively
Why work here?
We believe a career should provide competitive pay and benefits, a collaborative and supportive work environment, strong employee culture and cutting-edge technology and services so many reasons to love it here.
*We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any protected class status.